CH Flight Yoke not binding to AXIS

I have an older CH Flight Yoke and can't get the flight Axis to bind, elevator, aileron and throttle etc. I understand the process but when I go to validate, I get a warning that it's not recommended, then it shows it assigned but it stays frozen. If it assigns it for me, it will show either the axis +, or Axis- and acts like a switch. I'm sure I'm doing this correctly and have searched other posts and watched the videos. I have spent enough money already on this new computer and MSFS2020, and the wife doesn't want to hear me spending another $200 on a yoke. I have the rudder pedals working fine. Also, I set up the MS sidewinder joystick and manually assigned the axis with no problems. Anyone else have this issue?

Chris

2021-02-19.png

I had the same yoke. I could not get it to work in P3D V4.5 at all. I purchased a Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and have not been disappointed. It works exceptionally well in MSFS 2020. I disassembled my old CH Flight Yoke and discovered 2 wires were broken at the base of the unit. If I had disassembled my old yoke first and repaired the wires, would it still work in P3d and MSFS 2020? Who knows. But I am glad I updated my flight yoke. Maybe, some day, I will get the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant. As for the problem with your spouse. I have no recommendations in that department. All I can say is that my wife loves my passion for flight simming because I am at home flight simming, instead of being at the bar doing "who knows what and who are you doing it with?".

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Kevars knows what I'm taking about. It is frustrating because i have read other posts where the CH flight yoke is working, but not for me. I just spent alot of $$$ to build a new system, and then went through hell trying to get a decent graphics card. and now I have to purchase a new yoke. If anyone has a solution, I would love to hear it.

Sorry to type to you that I have an old CH yoke that is working. The difference that I can see is that all the assignments I did were in the second box. It doesn't really say it anywhere but the first box is primary and the second of course is secondary control.

I did the assignments after the first install and have not had to reconfigure after any of the updates even when it seems to be a full re-install but something may have caused a bug.

• 3 months later...
OK, Problem solved with the latest update/patch on 5/28/21. I waited months before I bought this game so the bugs would be worked out. I should have waited a year. I bought a new yoke because the CH one would not work... until now. IRONY...

I saw that big update for CH Products and dragged all my controllers out and set them up no issues.

Just one question though.

Is it possible to add a image as the default image is the generic controller blank? Maybe a .jpg dropped into a certain folder?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro