Flying the Baron to First Flight Airport

engine70

I missed flying the Baron, so I decided to recreate one of the most enjoyable trips I ever did in FSX. That trip involved departing Reading, Pa and heading south making multiple stops along the east coast before ending up in Key West. For the first leg of this journey I decided to leave from Chester County Airport near Philly, and flew south to First Flight Airport in the Outer Banks, North Carolina. It was a challenging approach with lots of high trees and poor weather, but being able to see the Wright Brothers monument, something I was fortunate enough to see in person, made it all worth it. Let's get going!

CC_FFA_1.jpg

Heading to the runway in the early morning hours. The weather was not great on this flight from start to finish, but that's part of the fun, right?

CC_FFA_2.jpg

Climbing out into the cloudy, early morning sky

CC_FFA_3.jpg

Flying at 4,000' for as long as we could so we got to see views like this

CC_FFA_4.jpg

Eventually the bases got to low, so we had to head up. We wound up climbing to 10,000 to stay above the clouds

CC_FFA_5.jpg

Descending into the soup

CC_FFA_6.jpg

Enjoying the beautiful views of the Outer Banks... It was at this point that I considered diverting to Dare County Regional and flying an ILS approach, but where's the fun in that?

CC_FFA_7.jpg

The weather lifted enough near the airport to allow for a safe landing

CC_FFA_8.jpg

As I mentioned the landing was challenging so no pictures, but we got a prime parking spot right at the bottom of the hill leading to the Wright Brothers monument

CC_FFA_9.jpg

Welcome to a gray and cloudy Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina

Thanks for viewing!

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

Greast post and flight! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]