Why does MSFS keep trying to force me to fly at night?

The sim has been setting me up for night flights even after I set the time of day for daytime. This happens almost exclusively when I try to activate live weather--and even after I have set the time on the first screen to a daylight hour, and the time on the screen where you make the weather selection to a daylight hour. I wanted to fly in local live weather this afternoon and no matter how I set the time, the sim kept starting my flight in the dark. I finally gave up and selected clear weather and was able to fly with the sun out. Am I missing something? What? And is there some way to make the sim recognize local time where I live?
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I've noticed that the sim gets easily confused when I am switching around settings for live weather, live time, etc. If you select live weather, you lose the option to change the time of day, as I understand it.
Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Howdy Neighbor,

There is an optional setting in set up screen for 'Flight Time' or 'Real Time' in FSX. I assume MSFS has that option too? Have not flown FSX in 4 months so forget where exactly setting can be changed. I assume you have 'real' time and date set for your PC? That is what the real time will be. When you choose flight time you have choice of time of day (ie noon, 6pm, etc). Another way to set time to daytime is to set up your DEFAULT flight and before saving the 'flight' you set the 'time' for that flight. Then when you load your DEFAULT flight on MSFS start the time (of your flight) will be set by sim.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: I am also retarded...er, I mean retired ... and live in Salinas. I also have flown (a lot) to Watsonville and back in sim. I also use MBA (CA66) for amphibs and float planes (or...boats). Cheers.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

If you select live weather, you lose the option to change the time of day, as I understand it.

From the World Map screen, you can click on the Weather menu and select Live weather which doesn't include a time slider. Having selected Live weather, you have to return to the World Map screen to then adjust the time slider.

Or:

In-game, select Weather from the drop down list and you can select Live weather and adjust the time slider in the pop-up window.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

From the World Map screen, you can click on the Weather menu and select Live weather which doesn't include a time slider. Having selected Live weather, you have to return to the World Map screen to then adjust the time slider.

Or:

In-game, select Weather from the drop down list and you can select Live weather and adjust the time slider in the pop-up window.

Appreciate the tips! It does seem more flexible than I'd realized.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

The sim has been setting me up for night flights even after I set the time of day for daytime.

EXACTLY my problem as well. I am so sick and tired of having to stop the game and go back to where you choose the time. Because even though I choose the time, noon time, it changes it to something dark, and since I'm a newbie, I don't want to deal with that now. MS has become again a very agressive company. it pushes the EDGE browser on me, constantly, and I hate it. It does not allow me to Uninstall it now. Love MSFS but I dislike the company in many other ways. Sorry.

Or:

This doesn't seem to work for me. If I've selected Live Weather under Options/General/Data, then I don't get the time slider under the World Map/Flight Conditions. If I turn Live Weather Off under Options/General/Data, then I get the slider, but no option for Live Weather under World Map/Flight Conditions.

This doesn't seem to work for me. If I've selected Live Weather under Options/General/Data, then I don't get the time slider under the World Map/Flight Conditions. If I turn Live Weather Off under Options/General/Data, then I get the slider, but no option for Live Weather under World Map/Flight Conditions.

You don't select Live weather in Options/General/Data, that's where you enable it.

You select Live weather in World Map/Flight Conditions, then go back to the World Map, where the time slider is on the bottom left.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You don't select Live weather in Options/General/Data, that's where you enable it.

You select Live weather in World Map/Flight Conditions, then go back to the World Map, where the time slider is on the bottom left.

Ahh, I found the problem and it's pretty weird. Under Flight Conditions I had Multiplayer set to Live Players. This grayed out the Weather & Time to only Live weather and grayed out the time Slider on the World Map. If I select All Players, then I get the slider for Time back.

Thanks for the help.

Here's my sequence: In game, where I'm selecting departure and arrival destinations, I click on the weather window, select live weather and adjust the time slider. Then I go back to the previous screen that shows my departure airport and when I check slider there, it shows the same time that I'd set in the weather window. So far, so good. But when I click "fly," and the airport is displayed, it's night-time. So I hit escape and start over. This happened again today. I notice that when setting up a flight to begin with (in the world map), the time slider will show a UTC time from some other time zone than mine (PST at present). So I'll reset it to daylight hours. I'm either doing something out of sequence, or there's a gremlin in the software.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5