FS9 no sound with Win10 update

dducore

My Win10 did an update 2 days ago, and now I can't get sound in FS9. FSX works fine. I've run troubleshooters and I'm now getting an "incompatible" error. But up until the most recent update, FS9 worked fine on my Win10 machine. And FS9 works fine otherwise - just no sound.

Is there a setting I need to fix?

Thanks for any help I can get.

Edited by dducore
typo

Maybe you have already tried this and as a suggestion; with FS9 running, right-click your speaker icon and check in your volume-mixer if the slider for flightsim is above zero.................

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

No luck, but thanks. Also, when I open the sound device itself it shows volume, and the bar moves up and down as volume seems to be changing. It just doesn't send anything to my speakers.

So, I've uninstalled FS9 (after saving my add-ons to another drive & folder) and I'm going to do a full re-install . . .

If the volume bars move but no sound from the speakers: have you tried headphones?, is a cable or plug somewhere twisted or broken?

Sounds...... more like a Win issue?

He said FSX sound works fine.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

If the volume bars move but no sound from the speakers: have you tried headphones?, is a cable or plug somewhere twisted or broken?

Sounds...... more like a Win issue ?

Well - update and solution. It ended up being a driver issue for my sound card. I chatted with Microsoft support and they had me download/install the driver update, and now everything seems to be working. FS9, FSX, Windows alerts, etc.

Don't know why a Win10 update would mess around with the sound card driver - or why I didn't get an update message for the sound card - the machine is barely 2 years old.

So, FS9 is reinstalled and working (I need to move my add-ons back). And, when I tested FSX during the chat, ended up that only some of the sound worked - engines, environment yest, but ATC no. But now it all works.

Very strange.

And kudos to MS (the company everyone loves to hate). Yasir on the chat was very helpful, and when I needed to re-start, he sent me a link so after the re-start I could connect back up with his chat. Very helpful.