Ships and Boats -- Second Try . . .

I have no ships and boats, other than a few ferries in harbors. I asked before, and I see that others have asked this Q; one VIP member replied to another thread with a cryptic note: "Corrected." If so, they didn't correct it for me. Turning ship traffic set5ting to max has no effect.

I believe I have a high-speed connection (Verizon FiOS).

Thanks all,

Mac6737

I had the same question.

There are, at least in my game, no ship in rivers or lakes and in most harbours.

If you go to the Golden gate bridge (f.i.) you can see some.

Although this is no shipping sim, I realy mis them.

I would trade Asobo half the road vehicles for some ships and wakes. Look at any aerial of a harbour and you see why.

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD

I had the same question.

There are, at least in my game, no ship in rivers or lakes and in most harbours.

If you go to the Golden gate bridge (f.i.) you can see some.

Although this is no shipping sim, I realy mis them.

I would trade Asobo half the road vehicles for some ships and wakes. Look at any aerial of a harbour and you see why.

Yeah, in an earlier (futile) post I mentioned the Golden Gate ships. The attached screenshot is from P3D with some add-on (I now forget what) that even includes carrier strike forces. And the wakes are really good eye candy.

Windjammer.jpg

The attached screenshot is from P3D with some add-on (I now forget what) that even includes carrier strike forces. And the wakes are really good eye candy.

That add-on can easily be activated in MSFS, just google "Henrik Nielson's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS".

I tried it but thought the number of AI models slowed down the launch process, but it worked just as well in MSFS as it did in FSX.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

That add-on can easily be activated in MSFS, just google "Henrik Nielson's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS".

I tried it but thought the number of AI models slowed down the launch process, but it worked just as well in MSFS as it did in FSX.

What am I missing? I Googled it like you said, and found the Nielsen AI ship traffic in the Avsim Library, but NOT for MSFS. Are you telling us to DL it anyway and put it in MSFS? If so, where do you install? In the Community folder?

Thanks for the lead, and the screenshots looked sensational.

Yes, the FSX version can be activated in MSFS and there are instructions in the thread on AVSIM, as follows:

"After downloading and extracting Global AI Ship Traffic v2 properly to your community folder; please also download the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe from this link https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator/releases , and put it in the same folder with the collection.

Then grab any layout.json and manifest.json files from any of your existing addons (no problem which one they are) and put them in the same folder.

Lastly, take only your layout.json file and place it onto MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe file which will convert your layout.json file to the one you need automatically.

That is it. Then run your simulator. All is there. (Do not forget that all the above files must be in the same folder to generate properly.)"

Henrik has just announced on the Sim Outhouse MSFS forum that he's about to release an MSFS version, so if the MSFSLayoutGenerator mod doesn't work for you, sit tight for a few days and watch this thread at SOH: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/123160-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-MSFS-2020

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes, the FSX version can be activated in MSFS and there are instructions in the thread on AVSIM, as follows:

"After downloading and extracting Global AI Ship Traffic v2 properly to your community folder; please also download the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe from this link https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator/releases , and put it in the same folder with the collection.

Then grab any layout.json and manifest.json files from any of your existing addons (no problem which one they are) and put them in the same folder.

Lastly, take only your layout.json file and place it onto MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe file which will convert your layout.json file to the one you need automatically.

That is it. Then run your simulator. All is there. (Do not forget that all the above files must be in the same folder to generate properly.)"

Henrik has just announced on the Sim Outhouse MSFS forum that he's about to release an MSFS version, so if the MSFSLayoutGenerator mod doesn't work for you, sit tight for a few days and watch this thread at SOH: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/123160-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-MSFS-2020

Thanks you Tiger.

That is way above my pay grade.

I'll wait for Henrik.

Mac6737

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks you Tiger.

That is way above my pay grade.

I'll wait for Henrik.

Mac6737

He's released it today: https://flightsim.to/file/9529/global-ai-ship-traffic-msfs-v1

You're welcome and my apologies for the late reply, we've been babysitting our 18 month old grandson this weekend.

This is one of those features which you may not always be looking for, but you really miss it when it isn't there. We're really honoured to have it in MSFS thanks to Henrik.