Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: End of the line the for Lear jet

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    1,871

    Default End of the line the for Lear jet

    Bombardier to cease production of iconic Learjet

    https://www.flightglobal.com/busines...142393.article

  2. #2

    Default

    Lerjets are assembled at a facility in Wichita, Kansas, which the airframer intends to retain.
    Then in the related articles on that page I read this:

    Bombardier to cut 1,600 jobs and reduce manufacturing footprint in bid to slash costs

    11 Feb 2021

    Bombardier in 2021 will eliminate 1,600 jobs, concentrate aircraft completions work in Montreal and divest real estate as part of a plan to eliminate hundreds of millions in annual costs and recapture profitability.
    Both published the same day.

    I think at this point in time it'd be wise to focus research and develop on cost effective engines both for range and fuel efficacy. Why? Because fuel prices WILL go through the roof, and the manufacture with a cost effective engine will win.

    Or you can take your capital and invest in server farms to mine cryptocurrency. LOL Call it Lear Capital. Oh wait... LMAO ( in case no one knows the joke. https://www.learcapital.com/)
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 02-23-2021 at 07:07 AM.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

  3. #3

    Default

    in my opinion, all bets are off with Bombardier at this point. The only truth is currently held tightly within their boardroom and it's truly difficult to understand what they intend to do over the next 10 years.

    The situation with the C-Series was a crushing blow for them - Boeing saw to that.
    They are obviously consolidating and focusing on private jets going forward but I think even the future for that is uncertain nowadays.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillyCanuck View Post
    in my opinion, all bets are off with Bombardier at this point. The only truth is currently held tightly within their boardroom and it's truly difficult to understand what they intend to do over the next 10 years.

    The situation with the C-Series was a crushing blow for them - Boeing saw to that.
    They are obviously consolidating and focusing on private jets going forward but I think even the future for that is uncertain nowadays.
    CRJSimpilot is right, but Bombardier are also, I read, ceasing production of the 400-series turboprop, so that is their future production capacity right out the window, regardless of future fuel prices.
    Let's hope there are plans in place for more efficient engines for the turboprop fleet, or else they're stuffed...

    Don't want to consider having to fly Boeing or Embraer!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post

    Don't want to consider having to fly Boeing or Embraer!
    Well there's always Airbus! with the A320 series aircraft which will soon surpass the 737 as the worlds most produced airliner.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PAULCRAIG View Post
    Well there's always Airbus! with the A320 series aircraft which will soon surpass the 737 as the worlds most produced airliner.
    Even more risky , if conversations with my B-I-L, a former Airshove pilot, is anything to go by!

    He retired rather than be forced back onto an Airbus, after one-too-many incidents involving faulty flight control software!
    And he was ex-Royal Navy!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Getting warmer now
    Posts
    8,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    CRJSimpilot is right, but Bombardier are also, I read, ceasing production of the 400-series turboprop, so that is their future production capacity right out the window, regardless of future fuel prices.
    Let's hope there are plans in place for more efficient engines for the turboprop fleet, or else they're stuffed...

    Don't want to consider having to fly Boeing or Embraer!
    Bombardier sold the DASH-8 program and De Havilland brand a while ago.

    https://www.timescolonist.com/busine...00m-1.23492506

    And production is only being put on pause, not permanently stopped, although, it could easily become permanent.

    https://www.reuters.com/article/de-h...-idUSL1N2KN2C2

    Bombardier also sold the regional jet division as well.

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bomba...162000150.html

    As for Bombardier, WillyCanuck is right, all bets are off with them. They are not an example of a well run company and they should have had more serious changes to the board the last time they were bailed out (ie. cutting out the family that lead it to its current state).

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 05:58 AM
  2. Back to Minneapolis ... Makin' a B-line in the B-line Vega
    By salt_air in forum MSFS Multiplayer Adventures
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 02:00 PM
  3. FS9 - Clouds end with a very distinct line vs. blending in
    By 727stretch in forum PC Hardware, Video And Audio Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 01:01 PM
  4. End of the Dew Line
    By crashking in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 09:02 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 01:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •