End of the line the for Lear jet

Rockcliffe

• 2 weeks later...
Lerjets are assembled at a facility in Wichita, Kansas, which the airframer intends to retain.

Then in the related articles on that page I read this:

Bombardier to cut 1,600 jobs and reduce manufacturing footprint in bid to slash costs

11 Feb 2021

Bombardier in 2021 will eliminate 1,600 jobs, concentrate aircraft completions work in Montreal and divest real estate as part of a plan to eliminate hundreds of millions in annual costs and recapture profitability.

Both published the same day.

I think at this point in time it'd be wise to focus research and develop on cost effective engines both for range and fuel efficacy. Why? Because fuel prices WILL go through the roof, and the manufacture with a cost effective engine will win.

Or you can take your capital and invest in server farms to mine cryptocurrency. LOL Call it Lear Capital. Oh wait... LMAO ( in case no one knows the joke. https://www.learcapital.com/)

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

in my opinion, all bets are off with Bombardier at this point. The only truth is currently held tightly within their boardroom and it's truly difficult to understand what they intend to do over the next 10 years.

The situation with the C-Series was a crushing blow for them - Boeing saw to that.

They are obviously consolidating and focusing on private jets going forward but I think even the future for that is uncertain nowadays.

in my opinion, all bets are off with Bombardier at this point. The only truth is currently held tightly within their boardroom and it's truly difficult to understand what they intend to do over the next 10 years.

The situation with the C-Series was a crushing blow for them - Boeing saw to that.

They are obviously consolidating and focusing on private jets going forward but I think even the future for that is uncertain nowadays.

CRJSimpilot is right, but Bombardier are also, I read, ceasing production of the 400-series turboprop, so that is their future production capacity right out the window, regardless of future fuel prices.

Let's hope there are plans in place for more efficient engines for the turboprop fleet, or else they're stuffed...

Don't want to consider having to fly Boeing or Embraer!

Well there's always Airbus! with the A320 series aircraft which will soon surpass the 737 as the worlds most produced airliner.

Even more risky , if conversations with my B-I-L, a former Airshove pilot, is anything to go by! :pilot:

He retired rather than be forced back onto an Airbus, after one-too-many incidents involving faulty flight control software!

And he was ex-Royal Navy!

CRJSimpilot is right, but Bombardier are also, I read, ceasing production of the 400-series turboprop, so that is their future production capacity right out the window, regardless of future fuel prices.

Let's hope there are plans in place for more efficient engines for the turboprop fleet, or else they're stuffed...

Don't want to consider having to fly Boeing or Embraer!

Bombardier sold the DASH-8 program and De Havilland brand a while ago.

https://www.timescolonist.com/business/viking-air-parent-scoops-up-dash-8-program-for-300m-1.23492506

And production is only being put on pause, not permanently stopped, although, it could easily become permanent.

https://www.reuters.com/article/de-havilland-aircraft-idUSL1N2KN2C2

Bombardier also sold the regional jet division as well.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bombardier-sells-final-commercial-aircraft-162000150.html

As for Bombardier, WillyCanuck is right, all bets are off with them. They are not an example of a well run company and they should have had more serious changes to the board the last time they were bailed out (ie. cutting out the family that lead it to its current state).