Programming Buttons

Th1racer

In Settings, Controls, Buttons /Keys. Under the Event column there are 4 Events to chose from, " Select Item 1,2,3,4 " No actual events like Panel Lights etc... My question IS can these Events be programmed to have say the Taxi switch on the panel move, on/off ? or any other items not covered by default Events ?

Sorry if this has been covered. I looked and could not find a answer. Thanks !

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

Yes. The easiest way would be to use FSUIPC4. For example I have four buttons on my throttle and each one was assigned by FSUIPC to open each of the four possible aircraft exit doors.

THANKS ! Downloaded and scanned the free zip. found a few youtube videos and will learn more later today.

Did you go with free or paid ?

Are the door opening options already a option in FSX or does FSUIPC allow you to program that and how ? My door opening is the Y button on my keyboard but i can set it to any key or button on my controllers but i fly a GA with only 1 door..

My main request is, Im flying the default Beechcraft 58g. There is no FSX Default option to turn the fuel selector dials from off to on and or crossfeed and back for shutdown......

Would still like to find out what the 4 "" Select Item "" options in FSX do !

THANKS AGAIN !

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

THANKS ! Downloaded and scanned the free zip. found a few youtube videos and will learn more later today.

Did you go with free or paid ?

You need the paid version of FSUIPC for management of button controls. Unless you really need the advanced features, I would recommend setting your buttons from withinn FSX and saving your pennies for something else.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

You need the paid version of FSUIPC for management of button controls. Unless you really need the advanced features, I would recommend setting your buttons from withinn FSX and saving your pennies for something else.

John

I respectfully disagree John. The paid version of FSUIPC4 is worth every penny. The free version is great and the paid version is must-have.

Could be wrong, but IMO that's for selecting menu options (eg the ATC Menu).

Wim

Thanks ! Ya thats what im looking at. What do they do and how to get them to work. Menu, Buttons, keys IDC just wondering how to get them activated !

it's just what button is used to enter the numer 1

I use the '1' key on my keyboard for that......!:D

Never thought of assigning a different key to enter 1. Seems confusing to have t press 'u' or "Shift + R" for example.

lol.

you can use 1,2,3,4 etc to select options fron the ATC menu instead if clicking with mouse.

als used for assignments like

then quickly

to open door 3

or

release then quickly

to select engine 2 only.

(changes in throttle with joystick then only affect engine 2.)

or

release then quickly release then quickly

to select engine 3 and 4 only.

(changes in throttle with joystick then only affect engine 3 and 4.)

Of course 1,2,3,4 also are used when entering info in an FMC. Perhaps also usable in the default GPS.

Edited by il88pp
adding paragr about Engine 3 and 4
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could try this with your voice with VoiceBot. https://www.voicebot.net/

I have yet to try it and may try it tonight, but it looks promising for use in the Sim and other computing tasks I have in mind. The free version should be sufficient, but for 15 bucks for a lifetime license you can't beat it and would be supporting the Devs. If I like it I'll buy it. I do use their FileSeek program which is just AWESOME! It has helped me in so many ways find certain files in my phpBB website install for core edits and I was able to modify core things in my browser with FileSeek by searching for the code I need amongst the amazon of code.

Another product I used to use created by Binary Fortress was Display Fusion. That allowed me to have two different wallpapers on my two screens. In Windows 7 you can't do this by default like you can in Windows 10, so you need to use Display Fusion. Now I use an animated background using Windows 7 Dream Scene. I had to tweak a few things though to get it right and I figured out how to rotate animated backgrounds with each boot or login with the registry, batch files and the Task Manager. There free hash program looks interesting too because I always scan all downloads at Virus Total and I can check a files hash at Virus Total right from the right click context menu and help verify a file hasn't been altered. When ever a hash accompanies a file I check it.

it's just what button is used to enter the numer 1

I use the '1' key on my keyboard for that......!:D

Never thought of assigning a different key to enter 1. Seems confusing to have t press 'u' or "Shift + R" for example.

lol.

you can use 1,2,3,4 etc to select options fron the ATC menu instead if clicking with mouse.

als used for assignments like

then quickly

to open door 3

or

release then quickly

to select engine 2 only.

(changes in throttle with joystick then only affect engine 2.)

or

release then quickly release then quickly

to select engine 3 and 4 only.

(changes in throttle with joystick then only affect engine 3 and 4.)

Of course 1,2,3,4 also are used when entering info in an FMC. Perhaps also usable in the default GPS.

I do not want to reprogram the number keys.lol !

in FSX, open settings, controls, buttons/keys, scroll down to Event " Select Item "! has 4 options " Select Item 1,2,3 & 4 " ! None of the Events have a default setting to keyboard or controller !

My question is can these Events be programmed and how ?

I do not want to reprogram the number keys.lol !

in FSX, open settings, controls, buttons/keys, scroll down to Event " Select Item "! has 4 options " Select Item 1,2,3 & 4 " ! None of the Events have a default setting to keyboard or controller!

My question is can these Events be programmed and how ?

Yes, use the payware version of FSUIPC, as previously advised.

Or use the standard interface to turn them into single-button presses.

By default, those options should be assigned to keys 1, 2, 3 & 4. That's on your main keyboard above the QWERTY, not the numerical keyboard.

If they are blank for some reason, you can re-assign them to those keys, or anything else (such as the number keypad) if you want. Or the Reset Defaults button will put them (and everything else, of course) as they should be.

They are used for the purposes previously explained.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

By default, those options should be assigned to keys 1, 2, 3 & 4. That's on your main keyboard above the QWERTY, not the numerical keyboard.

If they are blank for some reason, you can re-assign them to those keys, or anything else (such as the number keypad) if you want. Or the Reset Defaults button will put them (and everything else, of course) as they should be.

They are used for the purposes previously explained.

John

Thanks.