MSFS, where to buy ?

Hi

one absolute thing that comes to my mind ? buy the premium deluxe edition

i really wanna get the whole thing working without later going through frustrations like

"you should have got Pdeluxe edition to get that feature" ....

so i saw many sites offering MSFS up to 25% discounts, thats a lot knowing that PD edition costs somewhere around 150$ ?

question is, are those sites save ?

am i better buying the simulator from microsoft store ?

what about you ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I bought Premium Deluxe from Microsoft Store and have no regrets.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

There are (genuine?) sites offering discount?

As far as the download goes, I think there are only two places you can get it....

Microsoft & Steam.

I would be vary cautious about trying to download it elsewhere.

I also bought the premium deluxe from the MS store & also have no regrets.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

As I understand the situation, the only differences among the three version are the specific airplanes and customized airports available. This sim itself is the same for all three. As I live in Chicago I went with the Deluxe to get O'Hare Airport and a couple more aircraft.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Depends on the site. There are certainly some valid discounts out there. EAA, for example, offers one for its members. Some sites will acquire product keys through shady or less than legitimate means (stolen credit cards, money laundering, buying from countries where the initial price may be lower), and then sell them to you at a discount. Many have found it works, others have had problems down the road when the product key is blacklisted and the user loses access to it. Caveat emptor.

The safest is to just go direct to either the Microsoft Store or through Steam. If you are looking at running it on an Xbox down the road, I would recommend the Microsoft Store as the sim can be run on both platforms with one purchase.

I bought the premium deluxe edition from Microsoft first. The download went well and the sim launched as expected. But after I exited the program and attempted to return to it a day later, I ran into the dreaded "insert disk to continue" issue. Rather than hassle with this, I requested a refund from Microsoft--quickly granted--uninstalled MSFS 2020 and repurchased the same edition from Steam. It works fine.
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I've had MSFS since Christmas. Bought it at the Microsoft Store. Downloaded in about 2 & 1/2 hours. Installed it and have not had a single problem. I don't think I would purchase it from "other places" as they might not be as reputable. Just my opinion.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

In many cases this can be solved by logging out of your Xbox account and logging back in again.

I've since heard that, but I didn't know it at the time, nor could I find any tips to that effect. In any event, MSFS 2020 costs the same whether you buy it through Steam or the MS store, and it should work the same either way.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I've since heard that, but I didn't know it at the time, nor could I find any tips to that effect. In any event, MSFS 2020 costs the same whether you buy it through Steam or the MS store, and it should work the same either way.

For the most part, yes, they are the same. One big difference is that the MS Store version allows for running on the Xbox too. Which is important for some.

As with FSX I bought the full version of MSFS 2020

Yes it's more expensive and I do not fly to all the extra airports and dont use alle extra planes.

But sometimes there are mods or new features released thru (f.i.) the freeware channel that are so awesome that I just want to have a look at them.

I would always advice to go for the premium deluxe version.

Also because this product is probably going to last for years.

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD

Is there a boxed version? Would be cool if you could get one in a years time with all the updates included? The internet here in the TRNC is way to slow to contemplate the download version sadly

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Is there a boxed version? Would be cool if you could get one in a years time with all the updates included? The internet here in the TRNC is way to slow to contemplate the download version sadly

Hi, yes there is a disc version (10 DVD’s) it’s not available everywhere but you should be fine over there. It won’t have all the updates though.. so you’re still going to have some big downloads, especially when you first install it. They are constantly updating it.. & we are (hoping) for a big update today in fact :)

The other thing to mention is that Microsoft insist you run it with one of the discs in your drive at all times (disc 1)

Apparently there is a way around this by making an ISO file of the disc but I don’t know anymore than that,

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Yes , definitely buy the Premium Deluxe Edition so you won't regret it later. If you buy the Standard Edition and then decide to upgrade, you will be shocked at the price.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Cheers Steve think i will be hanging fire for a year or two so what transpires - need a rig upgrade too me thinks

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Cheers Steve think i will be hanging fire for a year or two so what transpires - need a rig upgrade too me thinks

No worries.

Yes, I noticed you could do with a bit of an upgrade. Now is not the time of course (there’s currently a shortage of graphics cards etc & they’re overpriced) but hopefully things will go back to normal soon.

Regards

Steve

Ah! I noticed that on Amazon most GPUs are unavailable/out of stock and those that arent are way overpriced!! Shall be sitting tight for a while to come.

For the most part, yes, they are the same. One big difference is that the MS Store version allows for running on the Xbox too. Which is important for some.

Not having an Xbox or any intention of getting one, and not having any interest in other sims/games available with an Xbox pass subscription, the Steam edition works fine for me.

Not having an Xbox or any intention of getting one, and not having any interest in other sims/games available with an Xbox pass subscription, the Steam edition works fine for me.

The Steam sounds like a good option for you then. However, there are others who have expressed interest in the Xbox version who may not be aware of the Play Anywhere program Microsoft has for running the sim, and other games, on both platforms. For them there is a difference between the Steam and Microsoft Store options that would save them a decent chunk of change.