Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MSFS, where to buy ?

Default MSFS, where to buy ?

Hi

one absolute thing that comes to my mind ? buy the premium deluxe edition
    i really wanna get the whole thing working without later going through frustrations like
    "you should have got Pdeluxe edition to get that feature" ....

so i saw many sites offering MSFS up to 25% discounts, thats a lot knowing that PD edition costs somewhere around 150$ ?

question is, are those sites save ?

am i better buying the simulator from microsoft store ?

what about you ?
    FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE
    if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....

I bought Premium Deluxe from Microsoft Store and have no regrets.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

There are (genuine?) sites offering discount?
    As far as the download goes, I think there are only two places you can get it....
    Microsoft & Steam.
    I would be vary cautious about trying to download it elsewhere.

I also bought the premium deluxe from the MS store & also have no regrets.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

As I understand the situation, the only differences among the three version are the specific airplanes and customized airports available. This sim itself is the same for all three. As I live in Chicago I went with the Deluxe to get O'Hare Airport and a couple more aircraft.
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Depends on the site. There are certainly some valid discounts out there. EAA, for example, offers one for its members. Some sites will acquire product keys through shady or less than legitimate means (stolen credit cards, money laundering, buying from countries where the initial price may be lower), and then sell them to you at a discount. Many have found it works, others have had problems down the road when the product key is blacklisted and the user loses access to it. Caveat emptor.

The safest is to just go direct to either the Microsoft Store or through Steam. If you are looking at running it on an Xbox down the road, I would recommend the Microsoft Store as the sim can be run on both platforms with one purchase.

I got the delux thru steam,fast downloads and no hangups
    AD

I bought the premium deluxe edition from Microsoft first. The download went well and the sim launched as expected. But after I exited the program and attempted to return to it a day later, I ran into the dreaded "insert disk to continue" issue. Rather than hassle with this, I requested a refund from Microsoft--quickly granted--uninstalled MSFS 2020 and repurchased the same edition from Steam. It works fine.
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I've had MSFS since Christmas. Bought it at the Microsoft Store. Downloaded in about 2 & 1/2 hours. Installed it and have not had a single problem. I don't think I would purchase it from "other places" as they might not be as reputable. Just my opinion.
    MSI Mag Z390 M/B, I7-9700K 4.7 Ghz, 32 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Aptosflier View Post
    But after I exited the program and attempted to return to it a day later, I ran into the dreaded "insert disk to continue" issue.
    In many cases this can be solved by logging out of your Xbox account and logging back in again.

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    In many cases this can be solved by logging out of your Xbox account and logging back in again.
    I've since heard that, but I didn't know it at the time, nor could I find any tips to that effect. In any event, MSFS 2020 costs the same whether you buy it through Steam or the MS store, and it should work the same either way.
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast