OTBD Airport Disfigured

Hey, Guy's!

Tried flying out of OTBD airport today and noticed, three runways were covered by terminal buildings...Check the image below.

1612931494.jpg

As you can see two runways are covered by two huge parking spaces and, the runway to the left are covered by gates.

Don't know what those three white dots are, at the start of that one runway.

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Tried using the ADE tool however, the tool doesn't show the defects. when the airport is displayed.

Need more info! is it an addon? Payware? Freeware? What version of FSX?

I just looked here and OTBD only had two runways? Looks to me like you have another airport overlayed on it? OTHH perhaps?

Edited by pomak249

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Yes it's OTHH and it's freeware checked both airports, both have the same issue.

Purhaps it is overlayed with another airport, thinking about turning off Doha and land class fro the scenery library.

Would that be the right thing to do in this situation?..I have already deleted Qatar from the addon scenery.

Also is the ADE even the right utility to remove things from airports?

Never used ADE so no idea - I would have thought deleting one or the other would resolve the issue? Do it through 'world scenery' - 'delete area'

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Definitely due to over lapping aiports - probably due to two activated examples of the same airport.

Do a search of your scenery library to find any culprits....

Also note that if you have a AI app such as Ultimate Traffic, Traffic 360 etc, they may also have their own version of the airports and will also have an entry in the scenery.cfg file pointing to their stored location. Placing the scenery entry for these apps below all other addon scenery (but above the default FSX scenery) entries should stop them overriding addons...

WRT to removing things from airports - ADE is a suitable tiool - you can use it to remover/add runways, ramps, buildings etc

Regards

Brian

Ok.

I deleted Doha and the land class from the scenery library however, the problem still exsit their are no addons attached to this airport.

Now the question becomes how do i get rid of the parking spaces, and gates obstructing the runways?

Can't find any videos showing how to remove items, just how to add things to an airport.

Used the ADE tool to bring up the airport but, the obstructing did not display...If you are versed in doing this please, do a video showing how to remove these items from those runways....Thanks for responding.

Zip your scenery.cfg file and upload here.

Edit-

Oh for God sakes. It says valid extensions are jpg, bmp, zip, etc, but can't upload a zip. Use a file sharing site like mega and share the zip. I need to see if you have another airport overlapping yours. It looks that way.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Ok.

I deleted Doha and the land class from the scenery library however, the problem still exsit their are no addons attached to this airport.

AND

Used the ADE tool to bring up the airport but, the obstructing did not display.....

First, there must be a duplication of some sort because, if you deleted the KNOWN Doha OTHH scenery then you should be seeing the default FSX view - which will be of the original airport (OTBD - the left hand single runway airport in your screenshot) only. It it worth noting that at the time of FSX's release OTHH was not built and therefore is not part of the default scenery. Also of note that OTBD is depicted in the default FSX scenery with a single terminal and parking on the west side of the airport which is clearly not in the version shown in screenshot. Thus there must be another scenery for either OTHH or OTBD somewhere on your system...

Second - is it possible that the problem is caused by the OTHH scenery attempting to replicate todays current situation with files that depict both the new airport AND the current OTBD layout. Looking at google it is clear that there is a major construction project ongoing at both airports..

Another possible reason for the problems displayed in the image is how you have added the scenery to FSX - more specifically their priority listing and/or location. You mentioned that it included Landclass. Did you install the landclass files in the same folder as the airport files or in a separate folder specifically for the landclass. If you stored them in the same folder as the airport files you will have issues. They are best stored in there own folder and then placed lower down below the airport folder in the scenery priority list.

WRT to ADE - Which airport did you open in ADE - OTBD or OTHH? - and where was the source file located. If you opened the default FSX file for OTBD then you will not see the obstructions as the default (due to the observations made above)...

Regards

Brian

Wow you mentioned a lot of things, i haven't considered concerning this issue.

1.Where can i find the default FSX scenery?

2. Did you install the landclass files in the same folder as the airport files or in a separate folder specifically for the landclass..No

3.I remember installing the land class scenery, i added it to the Addon scenery folder, then installed it in the scenery library.

4. Which airport did you open in ADE - OTBD or OTHH?..I think it was OTHH.

5.where was the source file located..Not sure where that might be to be honest.

6.If you opened the default FSX file for OTBD then you will not see the obstructions as the default (due to the observations made above)...OK i will try opening that file if i can locate it, i don't seem to know where that is.

Thanks for all the info and your help!

OK in sequence...

1. The default FSX scenery is stored in a series of folders under FSX\Scenery\World. Each folder represents an area of scenery relating to a region. The folders named using numbers (0000, 0001, 0101 etc) contain default airport/scenery information but as a package - i.e. each file contains information relating to multiple airports etc in that area.

2 and 3. Based on your reply you appear to have added all the files into the same default FSX Addon Scenery folder. Uninstall the OTHH scenery if still installed and then try this...

A. Create two folders - one called OTHH Airport and one called OTHH Landclass - note these folders can be in the default Addon Scenery folder (e,g FSX\Addon Scenery\OTHH Airport) or within FSX (e.g FSX\OTHH Airport) OR they can be placed OUTSIDE of FSX in a folder structure designed by you to meet your need (e.g. C:\MyFSXAddonScenery\OTHH Airport).

B. Create a subfolder called scenery in BOTH of these new folders and, if the scenery also includes dedicated textures, also create a subfolder called Texture.

C. Install the OTHH scenery placing the airport files into the scenery (and texture) subfolders and the Landclass related files into the Landclass folder.

D. Activate the scenery in FSX as normal in this order - Landclass folder followed by the Airport folder.

E. Test.

4. The OTHH file will only contain scenery objects added by the author to the airport hence the reason why you did not see the objects you want to get rid of.

5. Assuming you opened the OTHH file one assumes it was located in the addon scenery folder.......

6. As mentioned at 1. above the default FSX airports are located as stated and in 'packages'. To view the default airport(s) in ADE you will need to use the Open Stock Airport option (located under the File menu entry). Selecting this option will open a small info screen that displays a number of search options - it defaults the ICAO option by default. Simply type the require ICAO code in the search field (located to the left of the Find Now button) and then click on the Find Now button to start the search. When found you will see the airport name in box below the search field. Click on the entry to select it (note it will display location details in the boxes below the results window) and then click the Open button to load the airport into ADE.

A WORD OF CAUTION - DO NOT attempt to open the default location APXxxxxx.bgl file itself....

Edited by longbreak754
Correct typo

Regards

Brian