Well, today I picked up another tidbit about the Boeing 717-200

In the process of downloading this aircraft, I also discovered that it is basically the same thing as the McDonnell Douglas MD-95. Who would have guessed? I have to research this further to find out how this happened. In case some of you out there already knew that, okay, I know that I can be a slow learner at times, but I can blame it on my getting older!:rolleyes:

2021-2-7_9-13-55-277.jpg

Rick :cool::cool:

James - That's what's confusing about this whole thing! I guess it's how you look at the aircraft and how you want to call it? If you call it a

MD95, it's most definitely a Mad Dog! If you look at the nose of the pic, it says Boeing 717, so that means it can't be a Mad Dog, because it's a Boeing!:rolleyes: See what I mean? My parents only gave me one last name, so that was easy! I just have to do more research on this!

Oh, and thanks for the comment on the Hawaiian livery

Rick :cool::cool:

Yes, Charlie! My download was indicating it was both, but don't make any difference to me! I've had bigger challenges than figuring out what happened with MD vs Boeing!

Thanks and have a nice evening! Go Tampa! Here again, doesn't mean anything to me, but the Mrs is a big fan of Tom Brady from the New England Patriot days!

Rick :cool:

Yes, Charlie! My download was indicating it was both, but don't make any difference to me! I've had bigger challenges than figuring out what happened with MD vs Boeing!

Thanks and have a nice evening! Go Tampa! Here again, doesn't mean anything to me, but the Mrs is a big fan of Tom Brady from the New England Patriot days!

Rick :cool:

Half time right now, so browsing the interweb! Don't like Brady, but tampa has never won the SB, so rooting for 'em!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Uh, remember back about 18 years ago - the year John Gruden took over the Bucs from Tony Dungy? Oh yeah. That was the year the Bucs won the Super Bowl!

Opps! Sorry! Forgot about that! They beat the Raiders?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Does the MD-95 still qualify as mad dog? Nice shot of the Hawaiian!

The aircraft was created by good ol Micky D. At the time the aircraft was preparing to be released as the MD95, Boeing bought out MD and renamed the MD95 as the B717. It's a true MADDOG as it's just an updated DC-9-30 with new engines, MD11 Honeywell avionics with the good ol dail a flap system typical of MD.

Rick

I like flying my 717s. Nice find! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]