May I run Multiple Screen views with X-Plane?

Rupert

I'm an old FSX & P3D who decided to try 2020 and was hugely disappointed with it. For one thing, they only use one screen view at a time. I assume that's so it can be used with a Xbox thingy. They also have totally different control inputs assigned for yokes, rudders, etc.

Does X-Plane 11 allow multiple screen views on multiple screens? Does it use standard control assignments like FSX and P3D?

Thanks!!

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I'm an old FSX & P3D who decided to try 2020 and was hugely disappointed with it. For one thing, they only use one screen view at a time. I assume that's so it can be used with a Xbox thingy. They also have totally different control inputs assigned for yokes, rudders, etc.

Does X-Plane 11 allow multiple screen views on multiple screens? Does it use standard control assignments like FSX and P3D?

Thanks!!

Rupert

I'm old user of those things too. I was amazed at how easy X-Plane makes it to use multiple screens. So, yes you can do that. I have 3 and can use the adjustments that X-Plane provides to feel like I'm actually in the cockpit. There's some other options for using the other screens for flight related things. I've erased from my mind the horror of trying to set up multiple screens in P3D - X-Plane's simplicity was a revelation and a joy. One caution though, you'll needs a good graphics card for multiple screens.

As for control assignments - again, you can adjust as you see fit. I'm not sure what you mean by "standard" but I very easily setup the way I used FSX and P3D. The program offers a massive choice to set up your keyboard and controller(s). I have to say I'm still looking for the option that a double tap on the right chair arm gets the stewardess to bring me a coffee.

If you haven't already, why not try it out? https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

HTH, Paul

OK,

I tired the demo. It let me do two (2) screens but they were both of the same view. What I'm used to doing is using the center screen as a 2d or 3d cockpit view including out the windshield. Then I use the left screen to look out the left side window and the right screen to look out the right all at the same time. The enclosed picture of London City airport is what I had in mind. Up close to the screen it's like looking ahead and out of the side windows.

But at least on the demo version with X-Plane multi screens just means multiple copies of the same view. Does the bought version allow you that option? 3 screens.jpg

Edited by Rupert

Looks Good! I was concerned because with the "demo" it was hard to make work correctly. I often use a laptop for my panel screen as well as what I showed there. That was a very old shot. I just came upon it and wanted to use it as an example of my question.

Your rig looks great!! And it also answered my question/concern!! I ordered the disc version which will here in a few days. I've never been really thrilled without owning and keeping my own discs. :eek::eek: I've seen way too many companies change the "rules" or just go out of business and leave people stranded.

Michael

BTW: I landed and departed Southampton on the QMII several times. In fact our trip there this year was cancelled because of the COVID!!! I really don't want to spend 10 nights after arrival in a "quarantine hotel"

And the photo on the trike was taken overlooking part of the Isle of Mann TT course.

Edited by Rupert