I Shall Persist . . . .

thanks guys for the useful information well skywatcher don't really know what you want all i can say is some people are hard to please and some are never satisfied if you dont like the visuals in the game don't play simples, I personally love the game and am getting into it which I never did with fsx I seemed to be constantly trying to improve the visuals, cost me a fortune ,seriously this sim is terrific and how you can cry it down is beyond me I am 75yrs old and been using computers for gameing a long time and this sim is the best i have ever seen, you know a lot of the time people blame the sim and half the time the user settings are not right or poor computer specs trying to run at too high settings this as all been said before sorry but I disagree with what you say but everyone is entitled to there opinion right or wrong lol

I agree with you 100%

If anybody thinks this sim is not good enough then walk away and go back to that crappy FSX.

Because MSFS.2020 is only gonna get better and better, and its 100% better than any sim out there now.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

i've never used something where i could navigate so accurately without using gps or nav aids. I haven't had time to look everywhere in the globe, and i'm sure it's not perfect from place to place, but neither was fs9 and very simple graphics.

All of that aside, why do you still come here to moan and groan about something you don't use? We get it, your opinions and fs9 are superior to our opinions and ms2020. But who cares? What does it matter? Stick with what you like and just be happy about it? I've never seen someone be so consistently bitter about something they don't use. Move on with your life. Drink a glass of water and go outside.

lol,lol,lol

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

And, as someone else here has said, the clouds are terrible, at least in comparison to P3D with Rex SoftClouds added. The clouds in MSFS look like those in the intro to "The Simpsons." (Check it out!)

I guess it's in my nature as a trial lawyer to read this and immediately recognize it as one of the most easily provable absurdities claimed in this thread. Here is the Simpsons cloud:

simpsons.jpg

And here, from my flight in Fiji today in live weather, are MSFS clouds:

clouds.jpg

Your Honor, I rest my case.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Your Fiji flight reminded me of our trips to Bora Bora via Papeete in the early oughts (when I used to dive), and is inspiring me to fly the Papeete-Bora Bora leg of the trip in MSFS '20 Although I might not be as courageous as you and fly in live weather. I'm recalling the second trip, with an interim stop on Raiatea that entailed a very soupy landing there.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Your Fiji flight reminded me of our trips to Bora Bora via Papeete in the early oughts (when I used to dive), and is inspiring me to fly the Papeete-Bora Bora leg of the trip in MSFS '20 Although I might not be as courageous as you and fly in live weather. I'm recalling the second trip, with an interim stop on Raiatea that entailed a very soupy landing there.

I assume and hope and pray I will never actually fly in those conditions in real life, either as a future pilot or as a passenger.

But it was a lot of fun to sim it and survive.

Currently flying, still in live weather, from Fiji to the islands of Wallis & Futuna, and then eventually on to Samoa.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I guess it's in my nature as a trial lawyer to read this and immediately recognize it as one of the most easily provable absurdities claimed in this thread. Here is the Simpsons cloud:

Thanks for this! Your screen shots ought to dispose of the nonsense about clouds in MSFS once and for all. But it won't, of course; some folks are having too much fun stirring the pot. C'est la vie.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]225239[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]225240[/ATTACH]

1. All things are relative, counselor.

2. I admit that your Fiji clouds look better than mine in MSFS. (I am not running them in Ultra, though. Maybe that accounts for the difference?)

3. In any case, here are 2 fairly representative cloudscapes in P3D with Rex SoftClouds -- my stated basis of comparison. Perhaps we could stipulate that, were I to testify, my testimony would be that I've never gotten this degree of realism (yet) in MSFS. Moreover, Rex let's you choose the type of cloud in the various layers (cirrus, stratus, cumulus, etc.) If you can do that in MSFS, someone please let me know.

Avro Vulcan-001.jpg

Guadeloupe on final reduced.jpg

Everybody here wants to know "Then why do you use it if you hate it so much." You sound like a disgruntled employee ragging on your boss. Or, there is more to your rants than you are letting on? Are you possibly a spy from one of the other flight simulator companies trying to dismay other possible flight simmers from buying MSFS 2020? You are suspicious in my view.

To be clear: I started this thread, and I hope and trust you are not referring to me. I am not a spy and have expressed no hatred here of anyone or anything. I post criticisms like the one I did in the hope that, in the fullness of time, corrections and adjustments will be made.

Mac6737

1. All things are relative, counselor.

2. I admit that your Fiji clouds look better than mine in MSFS. (I am not running them in Ultra, though. Maybe that accounts for the difference?)

3. In any case, here are 2 fairly representative cloudscapes in P3D with Rex SoftClouds -- my stated basis of comparison. Perhaps we could stipulate that, were I to testify, my testimony would be that I've never gotten this degree of realism (yet) in MSFS. Moreover, Rex let's you choose the type of cloud in the various layers (cirrus, stratus, cumulus, etc.) If you can do that in MSFS, someone please let me know.

Fair points maybe, but you compared MSFS to the intro to The Simpsons. That's all I was responding to.

As you acknowledge, it's hardly to fair to say that the graphics suck without acknowledging that your settings are not maxed.

(BTW I agree with the criticism of MSFS that it's hard for many people to max out the settings).

Dropped back into FS20 after over a month off it, so this seemed as good as any thread to post my thoughts.

Well it still looks very pretty, flying over snow covered Greenland then Labrador coming in over Canada was spectacular. There's no doubt Asobo can do scenery very well.

But the core of the sim is still so flawed. take the 747 which I'm using at the moment. Still not reloading the flight plan into the FMC when resuming a saved game. The panel also comes back in a state of disarray - yesterday evening my selected altitude had dropped from 29000 feet to 10000 feet and the speed from 0.84 Mach to 200 knots. It took several attempts at toggling the autothrottle on and off for it to pick up again. This is stuff that should have worked out the box, not still need fixing six months on.

Oh and also honourable mention I had to once again play around with all my joystick settings to stop the aircraft pulling left on takeoff and getting no response from the rudder.

So my previous impression - great VFR sim (and I am looking forward to checking out the forthcoming UK upgrade) but fairly hopeless for IFR and heavy iron - still applies.

Vern.

Still not reloading the flight plan into the FMC when resuming a saved game.

Vern, there's a workaround for this on the flightsimulator.com forums. It's quite a long thread so I'll summarise the workaround here:

(Posted by PacificSet90456) All flight plans and flights saved by a user are stored in the user’s LocalState folder. In this LocalState folder, there is a MISSIONS folder. This folder contains a folder called Custom and then there is a CustomFlight folder. LocalState > MISSIONS > Custom > CustomFlight

In the CustomFlight folder there is a file called “CustomFlight.pln”. This is the flight plan your saved flight is using which is not correct.

I’ve opened this issue with ZenDesk.

Here's a workaround. Caution! Do not delete CustomFlight.pln or the CustomFlight folder. Your saved flight is pointed to CustomFlight.pln and the flight may not load if that file is missing.

First, duplicate the .pln file that was created when you saved your flight. It has the same filename as your saved flight. Rename this copy “CustomFlight.pln”. Copy this file into the CustomFlight folder overwriting the “bad” flight plan. Load your saved flight on the World Map screen as before and it will now use the flight plan file you just copied into the CustomFlight folder.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I can only respond with this thread appropriater oldie but goodie -

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx