Your thoughts about Freeware Aircraft

Hi What are your thoughts on freeware aircraft is it too early ? I would like to try a couple of them rather than the over priced pay ware dont really want to jump in without information are there some that are worth getting can anyone recommend a site to get any i did google a few but most seemed unfinished ,as anyone got any and are using them Any help advice Links etc would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Andrew

Yes it's too early, even for payware aircraft, until the SDK aircraft container is complete.

Most if not all the freeware planes are FSX conversions with missing gauges, radios, autopilots etc., though some have merged default VC's if you like that kind of thing - I'd rather stick with the default to be honest - anyway here's a good selection of freeware planes, choppers, spaceships, you name it:

https://flightsim.to/c/third-party/aircraft/

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I perfer the mods on existing planes. Such as the xcub mod, the A32NX mod.

Developers can concentrate on the last 10%. and with the new community folder I can remove them easily without having to worry about the original.

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD

While I can easily agree with most of what has been said so far in this thread, I need to say there's an exception to the rule: the Grumman Goose G21A Redux II.

Since I'm the kind who gets bored with large airliners, I think the Goose is by far the best freeware aircraft currently available, and much better (and funnier) than many of the stock aircraft.

I'm not sure if I may include here a link to another forum where you'll find the complete story and the link to download it, but if you do a quick search in Google for "Grumman Goose G21A Redux II" I'm sure you'll easily find it.

Cheers.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

• 1 year later...

Neither payware nor freeware has a monopoly on quality. I've downloaded free aircraft that were easily equivalent to the best payware, and I've spent my shekels on payware that was ....less than exemplary.

But if you get unacceptable freeware you're only out the time it took to discover that.

Fully agree with all that have been said. You can find excellent professional level planes in freeware as well as in payware. Case in point the freeware DA62 B-25 Mitchell fully animated WWII plane its an excellent example, but by the same token, there is a freeware B-52 stratofortress which landing gears do not retract which shows the biggest difference between freeware and payware: Most payware offer continuous and fast updates, my best example: the magnificent IndiaFoxTecho F-35 Lighting II