In my opinion having used msfs2020 for six months it is quite simply a load of rubbish.Updates all they do is give with one hand and take with the other.2020 is not a training simulator it is supposed to be for entertainment which it is not.My biggest regret is deleting FSX and all its addons to release resources after all if 2020 is only half as good as its predecessors what not to like.There is only one redeeming feature and that is vfr and that is not enough.I have not listed the several problems I have, just given up.

Sorry to hear that. I am having a lot of fun with mine.

Works exactly like I want it to which is a full simulator and then just something to kill the time.

Why would you delete FSX though? If I had that on my system before hand, I would have left it on there and done a review. If I didnt like the 2020 Version, I would delete and go back to FSX? If I liked 2020 better, then I would have deleted or at least saved on a back up drive somewhere.

I remember with FSX came out and it was garbage. I had a great set up with FS9 and held onto it. I tried FSX for a good 6 months then gave up and deleted it. Went back to FS9 and ran that computer till its death in 2018. Got out of simming for 2 years but when I saw 2020, I knew I had to have it. Built a new machine and its great. Im not saying that its been all positive. Have had a few issues but overall the experience is great and I have learned a lot.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

In my opinion having used msfs2020 for six months it is quite simply a load of rubbish.Updates all they do is give with one hand and take with the other.2020 is not a training simulator it is supposed to be for entertainment which it is not.My biggest regret is deleting FSX and all its addons to release resources after all if 2020 is only half as good as its predecessors what not to like.There is only one redeeming feature and that is vfr and that is not enough.I have not listed the several problems I have, just given up.

But don't you think the photoreal scenery is a big improvement from fsx?

The VFR aspect really shouldn't be understated. How many years did we pretend the scenery looked like anything at all. Sure, the IFR aspect was a bit more accurate I guess, but the ATC really sucked in FSX and FS9 as well. I almost never file them because the routing was so absurd on approach that I didn't see the point.

However, to each their own. We all like different aspects of the sim. Not having to rely on GPS or a map to know where I'm going now is so over the moon amazing to me.

Just my two cents.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Instant gratification has become a cliche for a certain generations of folks.

But it certainly appears that MSFS 2020 will keep flyers waiting for all the necessary fixes and wish list features for quite a while, possibly for the rest

of 2021... I still have my FSX-Steam handy just in case I too get fed-up.

MSFS is still in development and improvents are being made each month. It is the future of flight simming just like FSX was in 2006. In time it will mature, the bugs will be ironed out and there will be lots of freeware and payware to have fun with too. It has taken me a while to get to grips with it and I am still learning new stuff every day, but in time, I will have it running just how I want it. It's such an advance on FSX in so many ways, so don't give up on it too soon.

At the moment, I'm enjoying the flying, navigatiin, beautiful scenery and tons of freeware (I probably download something every day). With FSX I spent a lot of time creating scenery and look forward to doing that in MSFS in due course, but for now I am just marveling at how far we have come.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I too am enjoying the heck our of MSFS. Is it perfect? Nope. But, then again, nothing is.

However, for me, the first time I fired up MSFS and flew out of KHEG, saw the detail that was present in the city of Jacksonville, I could identify buildings, our stadium, the AA baseball field, Vystar Arena (spent a LOT of time there!!!!), it was worth it. Love the drone view!!!! Once I take off, after I am about 200 feet AGL, I turned on my autopilot, then go to drone mode and look at the sites.

And then, I took off from KHEG and flew over my house. Found it, saw my red Ford Ranger sitting in the driveway :)

Now, as mentioned earlier, it isn't perfect, I too had CTD (for flights over an hour), feel I got that part worked out. Then there was the problems with the Legacy mode, which did not allow me to take off for an entire day (kept nose diving into the ground).

Bridges-yea, they look like dams. Can't argue that. Waiting on a resolution.

That being said, as others have pointed out, the other Flight Sims were filled with bugs, missing features, and we all probably felt like beta testers.

I am looking to a lot more simming, flying around discovering parts of the world i will never get to visit. (just flew around London a couple of days ago, looking forward to THAT update!!!

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I’m certainly enjoying it and there are some features of FSX that I don’t miss... like blurry textures & shimmering graphics. I always had those in FSX, despite many years of upgrading and trying to fix it.

I installed FSX more recently in my now, hi-spec pc. The shimmering was still there.

With the new MSFS though... it’s perfect & I can see for miles! :)

ps: RACM123... when you post, it’s a good idea to have an actual title that describes your post, not just your user name

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles