A walk in the clouds

djfierce

Angwin (2O3) to Little River (KLLR)

Atop Howell Mountain in Napa's wine country, sits a small jewel almost removed from reality. Angwin is the home of Pacific Union College, which among other things has it's own airstrip where they also have a flight school. I never flew in and out of there myself, but I was present for a wedding, in which the bride and groom had their getaway in a Cessna Caravan of sorts.

angwin1.jpg

angwin2.jpg

Looking southwest, in the direction of St Helena and Napa.

angwin3.jpg

Coming out of the clouds near Mendocino with gear at the ready

angwin4.jpg

Out of the clouds a bit high, but no bother, on such an amazing day I flew around for awhile before weather dictated I return.

angwin5.jpg

Was in a hurry and forgot to change the camera mode. Sorry for the flight info. Little River Airport sits up in the hills east of Mendocino, and is often used by flight medics per the remote location, weather, and lack of other airports to fly into in this region. Often it is unused per being covered in fog itself.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Very nice James, great pics and a beautiful aircraft to go with them!

Thanks for sharing!

Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick!

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

I really like those shots :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]