Just a curious question...

faton102

I wonder why we still have no good Kansai(RJBB) and Hiroshima(RJOA) Sceneries(That not a payware) after like over 15 years on fs2004?

(And yeah, I returned to play FS2004 after my old HDD crashes in 2 years ago, which making my old days of addon completely lost...)

(And yeah, I returned to play FS2004 after my old HDD crashes in 2 years ago, which making my old days of addon completely lost...)

I had the same years ago. Blue screen of death, not going into Windows etc. All signs pointed to the HDD that had failed. Go a new HDD or even new system I think. Frustrated at having all my add-ons on the old HDD.

So I bought a HDD reader thingy and voila, I could access it. I know others who have had a HDD 'fail' still able to read and transfer files using the reader thingy.

I too had a HDD failure but this time all my saved files were on a seperate HDD, no problem you might think, then my mistake.

when I installed a new HDd I accidentally wiped the saved files HDD, I tried one of those file recovery programs but must have done it wrong, in the end I formatted the spare HDD but all those files lost, I was sick.

I do have lots of spare disks with FS files on but it can be a bit of pain searching for things, inserting disk after disk but at least they are still there, but the newer files I had saved were lost for good, some of my repainted aircraft too and aircraft I had altered to fly right.

Col.

There is also a whole bunch of really, really, really good regional NE New South Wales and SE Queensland sceneries - Ballina, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Lismore, Port Macquarie, Kingaroy (amongst others) made by a guy called John Ross. Search for him and you'll find them. They are truly very good. They all feature in the scenery a lady in a tennis dress who I assume is is his significant other. His Australian eucalypt trees are amongst the best scenery trees you are going to see anywhere.

There is also a superb Lord Howe Island, which both in Sim and in real life is at the absolute fuel range limit of the Qantas dash-8 that flies there. In both real life and the Sim, you have to land with more than 50% fuel because there is no possible alternative airport - if you cant land there, you have to go back from whence you came.

It also has modelled in it the wreck of the Air Force Catalina that crashed there. The scenery is in four parts.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Hello Steve,

a big thanks from my heart for leading me to the wonderfull John Ross sceneries. I must have missed them completely due to the outstanding VOZ-work I use.

Would you mind to give me a wink, where to download that Lord Howe Island scenery you where talking about?

Thank you so far

Dedl

P.S. @tgibson_new: your comment was a "Golden Goal"! :D:D:D

There is one excellent YSSY here called SYD2004. There are some add=ons for it, like Sydney Harbour Ferries and Sydney Sea Bases.

Is that and all those others you've listed different to VOZ which I have? I always thought they were used in VOZ anyway? But yeah, I have different versions of them. I haven't really found anything too much better though.

Apart from a few freeware options, and the PER payware which I heard is very good, Australia / NZ is sadly lacking in the payware department. Perhaps a major developer might want to reconsider focusing on P3D and MSFS and get started on some FS9 airports.

NZ is sadly lacking in the payware department.

Might want to check out Robin Corn's ex-payware (now freeware) RealNZ/Godzone sceneries available both here and Avsim. There are 13 in total, all very high quality photoreal airports and scenic locations.

Regards,

Dorian

Edited by caphavoc
corrected syntax

OK. The John Ross ones. Lord Howe Island. Cairns by Daryl Fisher. Adelaide and South Oz (and yes, I agree that the best thing to come out of Adelaide is the flight back home). The Sydney Add ons. Brisbane 2009..... are DEFINITELY NOT part of VOZ. The readmes for Sydney and Brisbane talk about individual authors.

The John Ross ones are truly very, very, good. As is Darrell's LHI. Considering that they are only fairly small regional airports.

Edited by old_wombat

The Lord Howe Island one is here. It's the one by Darren Jackson.

Note that the crashed Catalina shown in it comes up as an "almost intact" aircraft. In reality, it's only a few pieces of broken and twisted aluminium scattered down a hillside; and apparently, that is all it's ever been, as the big pieces were all "harvested" by the Air Force shortly after the crash. My wife was totally underwhelmed when we trudged down to see it.

Edited by old_wombat
add comment