Two Paris Landmarks sets released simultaneously?

Hi, apparently two Paris Landmarks sets have been released simultaneouly (or almost), one by Prealsoft available through Simmarket (see here), the other one by Orbx (see here).

Any idea how they compare? Any review welcome!!

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn’t heard of Prealsoft myself, but Orbx are well known and usually very good.

There are a few reviews on YouTube, like this one..

However, I would hang on for World Update 4..which includes France.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I hadn’t heard of Prealsoft myself, but Orbx are well known and usually very good.

There are a few reviews on YouTube, like this one..

However, I would hang on for World Update 4..which includes France.

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply.

I'm less worried now about future conflicts between Asobo and Orbx scenery, since Orbx has already announced an update to their London Landmarks pack to make it fully compatible with latest MSFS update:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/205264-compatibility-of-orbx-landmarks-london-city-pack-with-microsoft-world-update-united-kingdom/

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Hi Dan, I too have theLondon Landmarks installed. I haven’t had chance to check out London yet since the update. I guess I’d better disable the addon first. The big question is, will we even need the Orbx London addon? Presumably there’ll be one or two extra things which Asobo have missed.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Hi Dan, I too have theLondon Landmarks installed. I haven’t had chance to check out London yet since the update. I guess I’d better disable the addon first. The big question is, will we even need the Orbx London addon? Presumably there’ll be one or two extra things which Asobo have missed.

Yep, that's what Orbx is recommending: disable their London add-on until updated.

I can't tell because I haven't faced the new MSFS update yet, but judging by what Samscene did with their Tokyo Landmarks after update #1, or Drzewiecki with their Washington DC after update #2, I'm convinced it will be worth it. Those add-ons made a BIG difference.

I'd like to add, if I may, that I'm eagerly awaiting for Drzewiecki to put together a New York City pack, which hopefully will come out sooner or later. The current Asobo NYC is still far from the detail level Drzewiecki implemented in their FSX scenery.

Based on other Orbx products that I have bought, I can say that they are good! I used their Florida HI-Res scenery and it was worth getting!
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

• Founder
Based on other Orbx products that I have bought, I can say that they are good! I used their Florida HI-Res scenery and it was worth getting!

One thing to remember is that the Orbx of today is not the same as the Orbx of years ago. Today, Orbx is largely a store and publisher; the actual scenery sold under their name comes from a wide variety of different developers so you should not simply assume the same level of quality just because you see it in the Orbx store.

I've got several addons purchased through Orbx and happy with them. You can monitor for updates through their Orbx Central app and update as they are released. Whilst Asobo London is better after the latest update, there are some rough buildings resulting from the 3d build process so hopefully Orbx can do some cleaning up in prominent areas. For now I've removed the links until the London packs are updated.
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

I agree with Nels. If your scenery happens to be made by Orbx themselves, you usually get good service on their forums. If your scenery is NOT made by Orbx, they can be quite dismissive in their advice to "contact the developer" about your problem. I'm not impressed either.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Regards

Steve

If you don't disable the Orbx London Landmarks you will see 2 London Eyes in the sim. Orbx are currently upgrading their package to sort this out and also add some more landmarks that Asobo have missed. The new package is due to be available in a week or so.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

What’s wrong with having two eyes?

sorry :)

Yes, I have disabled the Orbx addon. Looking forward to their updated version. I have to say, I’m not too keen on some of Asobo’ss buildings in London. They look like a bomb has hit them. Photogrammetry doesn’t always work does it?

Regards

Steve