Frustrated Simmer can Anyone Help

Hi In the past I have made a lot of posts about the A320 and the AP well I am getting fed up trying to stay positive about the Sim but its getting hard to do ,Ap not working as it should ,hardly any of the Assists are working ,ATC is a joke ,AI Pilot not too bad ,but in general nothing is working for me ,

I am using the Fly by wire mod,I have made adjustments to the deadzone on my controller and this did stop aircraft from going right and crashing If i am doing something wrong I dont know what it is ,scince release i must have flown the a320 hundreds of times only ever had two or three good flights with proper landing I am in all seriousness ready to give up on the game altogether unless i can sort this out .

If there is anyone who can give me some advice i would appreciate it very much I have watched videos on youtube till i am blue in the face and in practice most dont seem to work as all systems are different ,does anyone know if the Liverey you use makes any diffrence to the handling of the plane cant see that it can then i dont know much lol

Are you using the latest FlyByWire mod? It's updated on a regular basis and it's worth checking their website weekly or launching the new FlyByWire Installer which will tell you if a new version is available and install it for you. The installer link is on the downloads page of the FBW website here: https://flybywiresim.com/a32nx

There's also a very good A320 Tips & Tricks thread on the official forums here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/a320-tips-tricks/231163

If you don't have time to trawl the whole thread (it's HUGE) you can use the Search function, for example "A320 autopilot".

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi tiger thanks for the reply you did help me by saying i should increase deadzone sensitivity which i did and cured the veering off problem i do have the flyby wire mod installer and check regular for updates My problem is nothing seems to be working as i said even the light path landing guide doesent show I need the assists brcause i am new I am at a total loss with the game in general nothing i try seems to work where on earth am I going wrong

Some of the assists can be counter-productive, especially when using mods as complex as the FBW mod.

My advice would be to switch them ALL off and try a short 15-30 minute ILS test flight between two neighboring airports near you.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

thanks for your reply ok i will try that anything to help fix the dam game ready to quit seriously Just as a matter of interest before the flyby wire mod showed up in the content manager as installed now it doesent does yours show up ? Edited by Apollo212

Yes it does, try re-installing the latest version.

Hi Tiger just a quick update not holding my breathe but just did a perfect AP landing I have to use guide pathe as i cant land yet very very new that is why I am using assists but have turned nearly all off thanks for the help and advice fingers crossed lol

It's not clear from the original post whether Apollo has done much VFR flying in small planes. If not, my suggestion is to first acquire experience in hand-flying -- forget AP and airliners for now -- and get to really enjoy what MSFS has to offer. There are many bush flights that are amazing, some breathtaking, and easy to fly. Apollo, if you are having problems even in small planes without AP, then there is a more basic issue to deal with, either in your system or your use of it.

It's not clear from the original post whether Apollo has done much VFR flying in small planes. If not, my suggestion is to first acquire experience in hand-flying -- forget AP and airliners for now -- and get to really enjoy what MSFS has to offer. There are many bush flights that are amazing, some breathtaking, and easy to fly. Apollo, if you are having problems even in small planes without AP, then there is a more basic issue to deal with, either in your system or your use of it.

+1

The Airbus is not a trainer, and not the first airplane you want to try flying. Learn the basics as a real pilot does, and then move up.

Hi all thanks for the comments and advice I have actually manged to get to grips with it ,did a 3980 flight today without any stutter bad AP or anything everything worked as it should ,was perfect even the landing cant remember where i went I know it was either gatwick or heathrow departure think it was Rome (newyork )I know it was a AB but i will try the small planes now, early its early days i even got 100hr acheivment lol

I will learn eventually its not a race lol

I want to love the A320, but so far I hate it. I just find it to be slow and unresponsive when moving the joystick, and sometimes underpowered. I guess I just haven't spent much time trying to learn it.

Glad things are working better for your though.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10