Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ybcs Cairns Aus

Default Ybcs Cairns Aus

I Found this post in FScom.
    The OP got no takers .
    I have the same problem.
    Any thoughts ,ideas ,work arounds etc........

YBCS !!!
    Hello All,
    I run FS2004 and FsNavigator with VOZ for the Australian Scenery. At Cairns YBCS I am missing the main runway in FsNav.
    The secondary runway and all the Navaids are OK. It means that, when flying the B-737 or the A-320 I cannot enter a
    course for an ILS to RWY15 in the FMS. The runway does appear in Fs2004 but not FsNav. Tried all I could... recreated
    the database for FsNav, changed the AFCAD for YBCS to no avail. It is frustrating as I am a member of QVA, an Australian
    Vitual Airline and my next Checkride to upgrade to CAT III just happens to be an ILS RWY15 at Cairns YBCS !!!
    Cheers...Claude/Andy

Have you loaded the ADE/AFCAD file into one of those and checked that the runway is actually there?

If it is, I would try saving the file in that program (after making a backup!) and see if the runway appears in the FSNav database. Even if the compile screws up something else, you can always replace it with the original file after it's in the database.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by tgibson_new View Post
    Have you loaded the ADE/AFCAD file into one of those and checked that the runway is actually there?

If it is, I would try saving the file in that program (after making a backup!) and see if the runway appears in the FSNav database. Even if the compile screws up something else, you can always replace it with the original file after it's in the database.
    Hello Tom
    Thanks for your reply.
    I must admit that my technical knowledge in these matters is somewhat limited.😏 ,So I am not quite what you are describing in your reply.
    I have tried some things myself ,like reorganizing my add-on sceneries in what I think? Is the right priority ,unfortunately this had no effect on ybcs , but (I know not why)it did sort out another add-on problem at LIRF Rome. When trying to position my aircraft at runway 34 (I think it was 34) the plane would be positioned not on the runway but to one side of it. whether it was a result of my tinkering with scenery priorities I don't know, but now when setting up a flight from LIRF my aircraft is now positioned correctly on the runway.
    Anyway back to YBCS ....just to confirm the main runway IS missing from FSnavigator (I tried running the FSNav database creator a few times but to no avail still no runway in FSNav. The runway IS visible in the SIM itself.
    I can still create a flight plan from/to YBCS in FSNav but can only select the airport itself as a dep/arr point (Obviously as no runways present in FSnav to select.)
    Anyway I hope all that makes some sense.
    I did think I could disable this particular VOZ airport and just use the default fs9 offering ,but don't know how to do that.
    I certainly don't want to disable all VOZ airports as that would of course give me the default YBCS but at the expense of losing all the wonderful VOZ offerings.

Cheers Andy.
    Last edited by HoratioWondersocks; 01-31-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Where did you download this Cairns airport from ? File name please ? I would want to download it myself, to take a look at it myself and to then see if I can find a way to help you.

Regards

Hans

According to Wikipedia the real Cairns airport has only a single active runway. The smaller GA runway was closed many years ago.

Hans ??????

Quote Originally Posted by hjwalter View Post
    According to Wikipedia the real Cairns airport has only a single active runway. The smaller GA runway was closed many years ago.

Hans ??????
    Closed indeed. Another sad state of affairs with GA in Australia.

There is a very nice Cairns here that has the main runway. I have used it. It is by a Daryl Fisher, from 2004. Search for him by name, you'll find the two downloads.
    Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Default Re

Quote Originally Posted by hjwalter View Post
    Where did you download this Cairns airport from ? File name please ? I would want to download it myself, to take a look at it myself and to then see if I can find a way to help you.

Regards

Hans
    Hello Hans
    This particular airport came as part of the Vista Australis (VOZ)now free download.

Cheers Andy

Quote Originally Posted by old_wombat View Post
    There is a very nice Cairns here that has the main runway. I have used it. It is by a Daryl Fisher, from 2004. Search for him by name, you'll find the two downloads.
    Hello down there from me up here.
    I will check this out.
    Question though..If I try this scenery, will i have to disable the VOZ version which is the problematic one.

Thanks Andy

Quote Originally Posted by HoratioWondersocks View Post
    Hello down there from me up here.
    I will check this out.
    Question though..If I try this scenery, will i have to disable the VOZ version which is the problematic one.

Thanks Andy
    I honestly don't think its the VOZ CNS thats the issue. The ILS for runway 15 is there as I've 'flown' in and out of there many times (including real life as that's where my wife is from) with the VOZ version.
    You said FSNav wasn't showing the ILS or course? Is that how QVA log there flights using FSNav? Or is it for the navigating part? I've never used FSNAv but I think you use it like a FMC / autopilot etc?

I have also used the other CNS airport but I don't think its exactly the same as the VOZ version which is very good I thought. The RWY 15 departures with the the 120 turn starting at 400ft is fun to fly and watch the real aircraft do it. Also fun sitting on the left hand side in real life as you get a great look at the mangroves on departure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast