AP in A320 still not working

Hi At the risk of being shouted down I still cant get my AP to work the co- pilot is great does a good job but would like to try and get AP working ,also how do I set the transponder i assume thats what gives the squawk code is set my flight is always getting cancelled because i dont put the squawk in sheeeesh .As a matter of interest does it matter which livery you use ?with the A320 i seem to remember reading a post that said it did.Any advice /help would be much appreciated thanks.

Hi thanks for your reply I do have the mod lol but its still not working its wanting to go right and nose dives to the ground if i let it but co- pilot puts it on track again strange co- pilot working well but Ap is pants Which ver should i have Stable or dev release ? Edited by Apollo212

I'd recommend the Stable version for now, but if you're still veering off and nose-diving even with the mod you should increase the dead zones on your aileron axis and rudder axis to 10% as a test.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tiger thank you for your reply Good News i did what you suggested and everything is flying alright .but the aircraft is just flying a little from the line whilr this is not a big problem when it does touch the line its pointing away as though its flying sideways.

last night I decided to do a flight from KSFO to KJFK which i didnt know at the time is 13990miles lol very Ambitous even for seasoned flyers with a frame rate of 50 outside and 35 inside I set off take off was good found the line ok then after about half an hour in it veered again and got a mind of its own the Ap i mean switched to co- pilot and then then back to AP and it was fine i had to do this a couple of times throughout the flight during the flight i was getting long pauses like a freeze but the sound was there and then it would carry on as before twice it did that do you think it might have been loading the map or what Anyway to cut a long story short i was sent to 40000 ft by atc and when i they told me to reduce height for landing i didnt make it down in time ,(live weather and rain) i never made it to airport and you guessed it i crashed do you think a increase of 9% would be better for the sensitivity just a thought.but all in all you were right well done there thanks very much.

Kind regards

Andrew

My sim had a relapse lol neither the AP or co-pilot find the nav line and most of the way points are wrong ATC is a joke i set it to low altitiude and they are sending me to 42000 and above I am not experienced but I know that is wrong lol I am trying to be positive but its hard when things are not going as they should I just dont know what to do next I fix one problem and it causes another .

• 4 weeks later...

I recommend setting your dead zones in the Controls page. My xbox controller's left stick was giving a value slightly right which then caused my plane to start banking and eventually go round in a tight circle. After setting the dead zone it appears fine.

The small input isn't picked up by the plane as such so the auto pilot stays engaged but enough to make the plane bank.

Hope this helps

Don't know why, I keep reading some 'S 2020 threads😀 because I fly FSX and will not at my age port over to the latest sim- all my hardware is FSX etc and t'would be too much hassle.However, I saw the AP on A320 query and I had a problem with the AP in FSX, which had a unique solution.

Might be the same situation in your sim- don't know but thought I'd post it anyway. I have flown the AP in 747, 737, Bombardier, Maltbys Comet, Trident etc, and couldn't for the life of me get the AP to behave in the A320/330.

In the VC, I was inputting the alt, hdg , speed, etc but the plane wouldn't "stay" with or obey these values.

In FSX the autopilots bar is similar for the 747 and A320, so why didn't it work in the latter?

I didn't get things right until when entering the values, I then had to "press" ( left click with mouse) on the centre of the alt hdg and speed knobs.

This caused a subtle change in the shade colour of the knob, ( to simulate it indenting slightly, I suppose) . This caused the PFD to show ( in green)

that those alt, hdg and speed inputs were now working.

This pressing of the knob was not necessary when using the 747 autopilot bar, so I'd been making inputs and been puzzled as to why the plane was not acting on them.

Maybe it's the same in ms2020. Maybe what I've written is irrelevant to your problem. Anyway, something to consider😀

Yes it's the same with the MSFS A320. The Airbus AP controls are push to engage, pull to disengage (individually) or use the AP disengage lever to disengage all at once. All the payware Airbus AP's also work this way, in some you right-click to engage, left-click to disengage. Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes it's the same with the MSFS A320. The Airbus AP controls are push to engage, pull to disengage (individually) or use the AP disengage lever to disengage all at once. All the payware Airbus AP's also work this way, in some you right-click to engage, left-click to disengage.

I appreciate it's probably a safety feature, but it didn't half mess me about till I sussed it.

Then when I flew into St Petersburg in the dark, it took several goes to not over stress the plane because on changing the speed to descend and of course, the alt, I didn't realise at first that I had disengaged till it was too late. A 500 mph descent didn't help the integrity of the planes structure

😁😁