FSUIPC Rudder Stuck

Stewie

I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Joystick. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem to get along well with FSUIPC. Any aircraft I select to fly, I noticed the plane would turn to the left or right while taxing. I forgot all about FSUIPC and was solely concentrating on recalibrating the joystick. However, when I checked FSUIPC, I noticed that the rudder was not set to 0 (see below). How can I change this so the rudder sits in the right position, so while taxiing or flying without AP, the plane will not automatically bank left or right?

Stuck Rudder.JPG

FSUIPC Rudder Issue.JPG

According to your screenshot FSUIPC is not affecting your rudder (or other controls), since all four of the controls say "Axis not processed". So if you want FSUIPC involved, then you need to first set up FSUIPC to control your rudder.

So if calibration doesn't correct whatever axis you use for rudder control, it might be the control itself being a little off-center or having a dirty pot.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

According to your screenshot FSUIPC is not affecting your rudder (or other controls), since all four of the controls say "Axis not processed". So if you want FSUIPC involved, then you need to first set up FSUIPC to control your rudder.

So if calibration doesn't correct whatever axis you use for rudder control, it might be the control itself being a little off-center or having a dirty pot.

Larry, Thank you for responding, however, FSUIPC is impacting the rudder and direction the plane veers while taxing, taking off, and flying without autopilot being activated.

One thing you could try: Go into the /fsx/modules folder and rename FSUIPC4.dll, perhaps by changing the .dll to .save, then run FSX and see how it works for you. That will, at least, tell you whether it's FSUIPC or something else.

Later: Oops -- forgot this is FS9. But same thing for /fs2004/modules.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

One thing you could try: Go into the /fsx/modules folder and rename FSUIPC4.dll, perhaps by changing the .dll to .save, then run FSX and see how it works for you. That will, at least, tell you whether it's FSUIPC or something else.

Thanks. Will try and let you know the results.

• 1 year later...

I've been having a stuck rudder issue, and after some rummaging thru the internet, I can confirm that FSUIPC was the culprit, because I can now freely move my rudder.

This was odd for me because I've never had such issue in FSX or YSFlight, AND I have the exact same joystick as Stewie, so go figure lol.

Thank you so, so much for this! :D

-fs

I've been having a stuck rudder issue, and after some rummaging thru the internet, I can confirm that FSUIPC was the culprit, because I can now freely move my rudder.

This was odd for me because I've never had such issue in FSX or YSFlight, AND I have the exact same joystick as Stewie, so go figure lol.

Thank you so, so much for this! :D

Can't edit the previous post, but I want to mention that I just reinstalled FSUIPC after deleting all FSUIPC files from the modules folder, and I'm now back to normal.

(I mainly use a registered FSUIPC for the visibility settings though lol)

-fs