West Air Sweden Flight 294 crash

Hi

so the other day i was watching mayday tv series and they aired the episode about the

West Air Sweden Flight 294 crash due to A malfunction in one of the aircraft's inertial reference units.

"The final report was published by SHK on 12 December 2016.[3] The inquiry reached the following conclusion:

The accident was caused by insufficient operational prerequisites for the management of a failure in a redundant system.

Contributing factors were:

The absence of an effective system for communication in abnormal and emergency situations.

The flight instrument system provided insufficient guidance about malfunctions that occurred.

The initial manoeuver that resulted in negative G-load probably affected the pilots' ability to manage the situation in a rational manner."

i was a little disappointed by the fact that the investigation mostly points to "the lack of communication

between the two pilots having different information coming from one of the IRU"

But nowhere in the investigation they talk about the importance of having 2 same information on 3 displays

knowing that there is also an auxiliary gyro altitude indicator, they could have use as a third information.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/Attitude_Indicator.png

can some one explain to me why the investigation didnt consider the need of this indicator ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi

so the other day i was watching mayday tv series and they aired the episode about the

West Air Sweden Flight 294 crash due to A malfunction in one of the aircraft's inertial reference units.

"The final report was published by SHK on 12 December 2016.[3] The inquiry reached the following conclusion:

The accident was caused by insufficient operational prerequisites for the management of a failure in a redundant system.

The absence of an effective system for communication in abnormal and emergency situations.

The flight instrument system provided insufficient guidance about malfunctions that occurred.

The initial manoeuver that resulted in negative G-load probably affected the pilots' ability to manage the situation in a rational manner."

i was a little disappointed by the fact that the investigation mostly points to "the lack of communication

between the two pilots having different information coming from one of the IRU"

But nowhere in the investigation they talk about the importance of having 2 same information on 3 displays

knowing that there is also an auxiliary gyro altitude indicator, they could have use as a third information.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/Attitude_Indicator.png

can some one explain to me why the investigation didnt consider the need of this indicator ?

The aircraft MUST have had duplicate attitude reference systems. But was the accident cause by flight into terrain? I understand the last trace was for the aircraft losing 21,500 feet, so:

The initial manoeuver that resulted in negative G-load probably affected the pilots' ability to manage the situation in a rational manner.

This was what was reported, NOT the `need` for additional instruments.

So where does the question come from? YOUR understanding being amiss?

The aircraft MUST have had duplicate attitude reference systems. But was the accident cause by flight into terrain? I understand the last trace was for the aircraft losing 21,500 feet, so:

The initial manoeuver that resulted in negative G-load probably affected the pilots' ability to manage the situation in a rational manner.

This was what was reported, NOT the `need` for additional instruments.

So where does the question come from? YOUR understanding being amiss?

i dont know but my communication manners are still ok.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: