Aircraft's 3d perspective or POV

Hi

a couple of months right before deciding to buy my next sim FS2020

i still do not understand why some displays in this simulator (and older versions) show this really uncomfortable to watch

perspective (or POV effect ? ) where the image shows you the aircraft's nose very near the camera

but showing the tail like 1 mile away .....

as shown here

left: sim-----------------------------------------------------------------right : real life plane

Sans titre.png

why does the simulators offer this kind of view ?

and it also shows in views like cockpit view, where the yoke shows right before your eyes but the copilot yoke is very far away....

Prepar3D 2016-01-23 20-45-40-68.jpg

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Think of the view you are seeing as a camera view (which it essentially is). The view you are complaining about is a wide-angle view, because it is a wide angle "lens," something that is often used to portray a room in a house to make it look bigger than it is, or alternatively, to show the whole thing.

When you're in one of those views you should be able to zoom in to see a more normal perspective, though it will mean that you don't see as much of the scene unless you move (not zoom) back an equivalent amount to keep the same things in view. It has to do with viewpoint vs how much is in the scene. Think of it as a law of physics because it can't be otherwise without changing the angle of view (causing the apparent distortion) and the distance away to see the same parts of a subject. This is true whether it's a drawing or a photograph.

In other words, don't use those views if you don't like them, but neither you nor the programmers can do anything about them except to not use them or not make them available, thus reducing the versatility of the sim's "cameras."

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Think of the view you are seeing as a camera view (which it essentially is). The view you are complaining about is a wide-angle view, because it is a wide angle "lens," something that is often used to portray a room in a house to make it look bigger than it is, or alternatively, to show the whole thing.

When you're in one of those views you should be able to zoom in to see a more normal perspective, though it will mean that you don't see as much of the scene unless you move (not zoom) back an equivalent amount to keep the same things in view. It has to do with viewpoint vs how much is in the scene. Think of it as a law of physics because it can't be otherwise without changing the angle of view (causing the apparent distortion) and the distance away to see the same parts of a subject. This is true whether it's a drawing or a photograph.

In other words, don't use those views if you don't like them, but neither you nor the programmers can do anything about them except to not use them or not make them available, thus reducing the versatility of the sim's "cameras."

I nominate this post for a best post award.

I wish we could give likes here.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.