SimDirector Crash - Solutions?!

Ralie25

Hi all,

Have reverted back to P3D V4.5 and for some reason, after taking about 8-10 minutes to load, when i go to place an object in SimDirector, it crashes and freezes and I have to restart the sim, only to have the same problem. Phew - long sentence! Anyway, after looking around on the internet, I found you could delete your generated files or the likes, without knowing that would delete all of my settings! Apart from that, what else can we try to get it to work? When I did delete these files, it worked but all addons were gone. Now I've added addons back in, it doesn't work no more :(

Let me know of your ideas!

Hi all,

Have reverted back to P3D V4.5 and for some reason, after taking about 8-10 minutes to load, when i go to place an object in SimDirector, it crashes and freezes and I have to restart the sim, only to have the same problem. Phew - long sentence! Anyway, after looking around on the internet, I found you could delete your generated files or the likes, without knowing that would delete all of my settings! Apart from that, what else can we try to get it to work? When I did delete these files, it worked but all addons were gone. Now I've added addons back in, it doesn't work no more :(

Let me know of your ideas!

Reinstall SimDirector from the P3D directory.

I believe the installers are in the REDIST sub-folder (all of them)

Managed to play around with some things, got it working. Only thing is now, when I convert it to BGL, where should I be adding the BGL? Nothing shows on the sim...have tried creating an addon scenery folder too, no luck. Where else/what else could I try?

• 2 weeks later...

Ralie25 - I have had no response on the LM Forums re Sim Director. You are not alone here there is something screwed up in the way it is functioning. I cannot get it to load satisfactorily in under 1 hour and sometimes not at all - it drives the CPU to 100% when it is attempting to load which takes some doing on a 5 GHZ 32GB RAM I9 card and motherboard, in the end it hangs P3D so there is no option but to kill the whole thing.

The issue is how it is either indexing or functioning within the sim and at the moment it just seems to try and load basically everything at the same time instead of using an index list function.

I hope they come around and fix this.

As for the problems you now have I guess my humble advice would be to stop fixing it, make sure you have the stuff you added on backed up and scrub it and load a complete new install. Be more effective than trying to fix it!