Lost aircraft of Mike Stone

lastivka

Hi, fellow FS9-ers. As you most probably know, Mike Stone's web site became defunct around 2012. Fortunately, you can download a collection of 107 of his creations in one aircraft collection archive file. It was uploaded by Robin Meyerowitz and is available on simviation. However, there are at least 9 aircraft missing from this collection - all FS9 aircraft Mike Stone created around 2011. They are not on any web site - presumably lost for ever! Does anyone have them? Here is the original description (from a defunct archive) of the "lost" aircraft:

North American B-25J

north_american_b25j_med.jpeg

WWII medium bomber. Beyond the attention drawn by the famous Doolittle raid on Japan, the B-25 Mitchell served as an extremely capable and versatile aircraft throughout the war. Rugged and reliable, it's crews loved it, as much as the Axis powers hated it. This package contains several detailed repaints, thankfully provided by Garry J. Smith.

StoneAir Streak

stoneair_streak_med.jpeg

The Streak is a mid size passenger aircraft, designed to cruise at mach 3 at 50,000 and above. It sports a unique telescoping nose probe, designed to significantly reduce the sonic boom signature.

StoneAir Stumpy

stoneair_stumpy_med.jpeg

The world's first wide body corporate jet. Can double as a regional jet.

StoneAir Lift King

stoneair_lift_king_med.jpeg

This is my concept of a super sized cargo plane to replace the C-5 Galaxy. A massive aircraft with a two cargo decks. With fully blown flaps, it still needs a substantial runway to take off, but no more so than any other large body aircraft. The concept involves the ability to transport a entire combat unit and all its equipment in a single load.

StoneAir Wind Ride

stoneair_wind_rider_med.jpeg

This is my concept of a wide body airliner in the 777/A330 class. It features steeply swept, rear mounted wings, with forward mounted canards for pitch control. It has four high bypass fanjet engines mounted under the wings.

StoneAir Puddle Jumper

stoneair_sa3_med.jpeg

This is my rendition of a Boeing concept aircraft. The design is intended to satisfy the military's requirement for the ATT (Advanced Theater Transport). Boeing originally considered a true VTOL design, essentially an enlarged Osprey. But that proved impractical and they settled on a STOL design utilizing a tilting main wing.

StoneAir Whisper

stoneair_sa4_med.jpeg

The StoneAir Whisper is my concept of a medium size passenger jet, in the 737/A320 class. The rear mounted wings are configured to shield the high mounted twin engines from the ground, reducing its noise signature. It is designed for use in inner city and other environments where noise abatement is an issue.

Israeli Air Industry Arava

iai_arava_med.jpeg

The IAI Arava is a small, yet versatile cargo plane, with excellent short field capability. The Miles Aerovan, of which Israel has used several, is believed to be the basis for this design. The resemblance is pretty obvious.

Israel Air Industry Westwind 2

iai_westwind2_med.jpeg

When Rockwell took over the Aero Commander company, they had no desire to continue production of the 1120 Jet Commander, as it competed directly with their own Sabreliner. Israeli Aircraft Industries acquired the rights to the Jet Commander and used it as the basis for the Westwind. They stretched the fuselage, increased the takeoff weight, and equipped it with more powerful engines. The aircraft was highly successful, remaining in production for 20 years, until IAI switched production to the Astra.

Edited by lastivka

Visit FSXMissionsHangar.com

For Missions in FSX and P3D

i have one of the most forgotten one, some weird short , but its on a broken computer rn but i can get it to you when i get it working...(its working just missing some ram retenition clips)

https://web.archive.org/web/20110527171732/http://www.gjsmith.net/Mike-Stone/index.htm

Edited by darrenvox

THey are not on your list, but I have his KC135 and B52M and am happy to send those wherever you need them.

Hi Old_Wombat, thanks for your response! Those two are already available, from the package (of 107 aircraft) that is on simviation, uploaded by Robin. The ones I'm inquiring about are extra ones that used to be on http://www.gjsmith.net around 2014, but unfortunately, the webarchive.org has not archived the links to the downloads.... :(

its working just missing some ram retention clips]

Yeah, computers do sometimes die, in my case it was 3 mainboards on 3 separate computers, due to faulty Japanese condensers. I was able to rescue the data by buying a gadget for about $30 that linked non-SATA hard drives (removed from the old computer) via USB to a new computer's USB port.

For the sake of accuracy, here is the list of 108 Mike Stone aircraft which are available, via the archive package on simviation:

Aeronca Chief

Aerostar 700

Aerostar FJ-100

Airbus A320-200

Airbus A330-300

Airbus A380-100

Angel 44

ATR-72-500

Aviation Traders Carvair

Avro Arrow

BAE RJ85

Beechcraft 1900D