Carenado Ter Err Message - possible to remove?

Ralie25

Hi all,

My theory is if we can find a way to disable SVS in the relevant file (dll perhaps) then the aircraft won't attempt to load SVS therefore we won't get a Ter Err message or a prompt when selecting the aircraft that SVS can't be loaded. I have no desire to get SVS so if we can find a way to remove the Ter Err message, it would be much appreciated. Let me know your thoughts!

Best,

Ralie :cool:

Hi all,

My theory is if we can find a way to disable SVS in the relevant file (dll perhaps) then the aircraft won't attempt to load SVS therefore we won't get a Ter Err message or a prompt when selecting the aircraft that SVS can't be loaded. I have no desire to get SVS so if we can find a way to remove the Ter Err message, it would be much appreciated. Let me know your thoughts!

Best,

Ralie :cool:

Simply NOT installing SVS in the first place not only provides a solution, it also provides an incentive for Carenado to fix somethng because it affects their bottom line...

Ha ha I think I can decipher that... I've never installed SVS and only have the problem now in P3D. Surely there is a way to turn off the SVS module and prevent it from trying to load? Maybe I'm onto something... :confused::cool: Where would I find the SVS module?

The SVS module is a separate install and shouldn't efffect your addon at all if not utilised.

That said, I don't have it in P3Dv5.1 so I don't miss it, nor do I try any of the Carenado addons, as they don't maintain parity wuth my simulator.

You will need someone else to tell you if it still generates a missing message.

It didn't in previous iterations of the simulator...

Ralie:

SVS and therefore the Ter Err message can be removed from the gauge file (cab). This works in FSX and the best I can say is it ‘probably’ does the job in P3D too. There are a number of steps to follow in order to get to the file requiring the edit. I could outline the procedure here in the forum, or by way of a PM.

WS

Hi WS,

Thanks for your reply. For now I think I'll just put up with it. Given further thought, my idea probably wouldn't have worked. So it requires a more detailed approach, something I'm not wanting to do now. If I can gather the want to do so in the future I request to be able to PM you good sir! :cool:

Many thanks,

Ralie