Thread: Carenado Ter Err Message - possible to remove?

Default Carenado Ter Err Message - possible to remove?

Hi all,

My theory is if we can find a way to disable SVS in the relevant file (dll perhaps) then the aircraft won't attempt to load SVS therefore we won't get a Ter Err message or a prompt when selecting the aircraft that SVS can't be loaded. I have no desire to get SVS so if we can find a way to remove the Ter Err message, it would be much appreciated. Let me know your thoughts!

Best,

Ralie

Quote Originally Posted by Ralie25 View Post
    Hi all,

My theory is if we can find a way to disable SVS in the relevant file (dll perhaps) then the aircraft won't attempt to load SVS therefore we won't get a Ter Err message or a prompt when selecting the aircraft that SVS can't be loaded. I have no desire to get SVS so if we can find a way to remove the Ter Err message, it would be much appreciated. Let me know your thoughts!

Best,

Ralie
    Simply NOT installing SVS in the first place not only provides a solution, it also provides an incentive for Carenado to fix somethng because it affects their bottom line...

Ha ha I think I can decipher that... I've never installed SVS and only have the problem now in P3D. Surely there is a way to turn off the SVS module and prevent it from trying to load? Maybe I'm onto something... Where would I find the SVS module?

The SVS module is a separate install and shouldn't efffect your addon at all if not utilised.
    That said, I don't have it in P3Dv5.1 so I don't miss it, nor do I try any of the Carenado addons, as they don't maintain parity wuth my simulator.
    You will need someone else to tell you if it still generates a missing message.
    It didn't in previous iterations of the simulator...

Ralie:

SVS and therefore the Ter Err message can be removed from the gauge file (cab). This works in FSX and the best I can say is it ‘probably’ does the job in P3D too. There are a number of steps to follow in order to get to the file requiring the edit. I could outline the procedure here in the forum, or by way of a PM.

WS

Hi WS,

Thanks for your reply. For now I think I'll just put up with it. Given further thought, my idea probably wouldn't have worked. So it requires a more detailed approach, something I'm not wanting to do now. If I can gather the want to do so in the future I request to be able to PM you good sir!

Many thanks,

Ralie