Thread: Cessna won't fly with TrackIR

Default Cessna won't fly with TrackIR

The Cessna 152 became unflyable today, and TrackIR--which I'd been using without problems for a week--seemed to have caused the problem. First, I noticed that I couldn't get much power when trying to climb. Actually no power with full throttle on my throttle quadrant and fuel mixture set to auto in the sim. When I restarted the flight, on the runway, with the engine running, the engine died. So using my mouse, I primed it and hit the start button. The engine started, the prop started turning, and then the engine cut out. All this while I was using TrackIR.

Next, I exited out of MSFS, exited TrackIR, restarted MSFS, and started the same flight again. This time, no problem.

So it would appear that TrackIR had some sort of conflict with MSFS. Has anybody run into this? Does anybody have an idea why this would happen?
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Can't image why a head tracker, which only ties into the camera views, would affect throttles?

Might want to send an inquiry off to whatever company makes your IR device?
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0056, [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, Nvidia GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS Xfinity internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset

Quote Originally Posted by chicagorandy View Post
    Can't image why a head tracker, which only ties into the camera views, would affect throttles?

Might want to send an inquiry off to whatever company makes your IR device?
    I've discovered that for some reason, TrackIR reversed the axes on my throttle, so that more throttle became less and less became more. When I thought I was increasing RPMs, I was cutting them and vice versa. In my original setting--reverse axis--pushing the throttle forward raised RPMs and vice versa. Somehow TrackIR countermanded that. Go figure.
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

That's odd, but I have seen something even odder in respect of throttle settings. I have a piece of freeware photoscenery which causes my throttle to cut in the same place every time I fly over it. Now how can a piece of scenery possibly affect your power?
    Ryzen 5600X, AM4, Zen+ 6 Core 12 thread
    Nvidia 3070 Founders edition 16 Gig RAM - Windows 10
    MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition
    Resolution 1920 x 1080