Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you people ever FLY with 2020??

Default Do you people ever FLY with 2020??

I own 2020 along with several "sims" such as FS9, FSX, P3D, etc. As soon as I fired 2020 up I realized I don't like the single screen only available on 2020. Why is there only a single screen available? Why does 2020 not use sim formatted controls that have been standard for at least twenty years. 2020 was designed as a XBox style toy. IMO IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE AN ACTUAL SIM AS THE REST ARE!

This afternoon since I'd already wasted my money, I thought hey, maybe I'll fly 2020 despite the fact it has only the one screen, IT MUST HAVE GOTTEN BETTER THAN I REMEMBERED. So I "fired it up!"

I then received 19.6 GB of "UPDATES!!! If I had chosen to spend my last summer building this toy, I could have been a Beta tester, but I didn't want to waste my time. IT SEEMS WE ALL ARE NOW "CHARLIE" TESTERS FOR THIS PRETEEN GAMER TOY!!

And how important were these updates? One that especially caught my eye was special recognition on aircraft for Alpha and Beta testers!!?? Aren't we all just "Charlie Testers" who wasted our money buying this thumb operated toy!

Sadly, Rupert
    i9-9900K CPU currently running 5gig + -, 64GB DDR4 3200, Kraken 289mm Water cooler, AMD 5700XT Direct12 video card, 1 TB SSD & 480GB SSD.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow using either FSX, 2020, or P3Dv5, all with a ton of ORBX scenery .

Do you mean by “it only has one screen” that there is no multi-monitor support?
    I agree this should be there, although they have said it will support multiple screens later (soon?)
    In the mean time, you can run it in windowed mode & drag the screen across multiple monitors. Not ideal because the image can appear a bit stretched, but it still works .
    I did it thus way for months (now using VR though)

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    I own 2020 along with several "sims" such as FS9, FSX, P3D, etc. As soon as I fired 2020 up I realized I don't like the single screen only available on 2020. Why is there only a single screen available? Why does 2020 not use sim formatted controls that have been standard for at least twenty years. 2020 was designed as a XBox style toy. IMO IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE AN ACTUAL SIM AS THE REST ARE!

This afternoon since I'd already wasted my money, I thought hey, maybe I'll fly 2020 despite the fact it has only the one screen, IT MUST HAVE GOTTEN BETTER THAN I REMEMBERED. So I "fired it up!"

I then received 19.6 GB of "UPDATES!!! If I had chosen to spend my last summer building this toy, I could have been a Beta tester, but I didn't want to waste my time. IT SEEMS WE ALL ARE NOW "CHARLIE" TESTERS FOR THIS PRETEEN GAMER TOY!!

And how important were these updates? One that especially caught my eye was special recognition on aircraft for Alpha and Beta testers!!?? Aren't we all just "Charlie Testers" who wasted our money buying this thumb operated toy!

Sadly, Rupert
    Sigh -- just when I thought the ranters and ravers with their UPPER-CASE and BOLDFACE tirades had disappeared, or at least had gone into hibernation. How naive I was!
    Yes, many of us do actually fly MSFS, and have a ball doing it. I just completed a fantastic two-week trip across the USA in a Cub -- and to think I did it in a TOY!

I fly with it daily, and find it so engaging.

That said, it's truly unlike previous versions, and in that, I understand some of your frustrations.

I'm not all that fond on of the ATC, access to maps that provide information like navaids and their frequencies, etc.

It's just....different, but the more I experiment, the more I start to get the hang of it.

Don't give up on it yet despite it's flaws, which per it's relatively young age, I hope they will address as time goes on.
    - James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

I didn't like it at first but am liking it more and more all the time. Somehow I have mine spread across three monitors in full screen mode but am using it in VR mode now

LouP

I am not surprised that people are starting to get a little POed and its not just FS. The trend in general has been to release incomplete and bugged software. Hype various new hardware and then not have it in stock etc. and then when people are unhappy use the magic word covid.

The covid excuse itself is getting a little old. How can it be that every aspect of corporate America can be brought to a stand still except of course the billing departments. All billing departments still functioning at 100 percent capacity?????

I use it as my sole sim now. I just can't go back despite a few frustrations (most are down to me or my home cockpit setup and not the sim).

I use four monitors, 2 for external view and one each for the PFD and MFD.

I have it running better than any of my previous sims with better frame rates at a higger resolution, even with the four monitors.

You are not alone in having a frustrating start though, although there are answers to most problems on the various forums.

It does require a bit of patience but once sorted it is a joy to fly with.

Regards
    Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep, I fly it just about every day. Love taking a 10 minute flight from KHEG to KJAX, done it dozens of times and I still enjoy it!

Now, do I still wish the bridges would get fixed and not look like dams?? Yes, but I still fly
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

I suspect that this forum would have to start charging a membership fee to buy more memory storage if most of the 2 MILLION + owners of MSFS 2020 who ARE flying it and ARE pretty happy started responding to the 'naysayers'?
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0056, [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, Nvidia GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS Xfinity internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset

Default Patience with it

Patience is all I can say. I have had it for only three weeks, and I am impressed overall (coming from FS9). Yes, I understand the frustrations and steep learning curve challenges. It is not perfect but manageable while the incremental bug fixing will bring it closer to what we want in a simulation. Don’t give up yet!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast