Customize weather problem.

gypsymoth

I've not come across this before: I click User-defined weather & then Customize weather - FS9 seizes up & stops then crashes. Weather themes is OK.

I've looked at other posts but cannot see anything helpful.

Thanks.

TerryW

Terry - For some reason, my FS9 would not connect to the internet so I could not download real weather. I tried asking for assistance, but like you, I could not find a resolution and no one else could as well.

The resolution for me was to purchase FS Global Real Weather, which has worked remarkably well. Hope this helps.

Stewie

Hello. I've had FS2004 since 2007 & never had this problem before. I think I'll remove this one & copy & paste a working set-up from another computer........I keep a fair-copy for just this sort of occasion.

I'll post here to let you know how it goes..............

I also run Golden Wings 3 & keep a copy of that as well.....you never know!

My wheeze of copy & pasting a working FS9 from the backup drive didn't bring a working weather option......it crashed. I'll do a clean reinstall & see what happens. It's odd that it ran perfectly from the external HD.

It's running OK in the 2 other W7 machines so it's obviously a computer problem of some sort......

Good morning Stewie,

I've copied & pasted a working FS9 from my backup HD into this machine but quite a few things are missing so I just kept c&p'ing until the missing items were pasted.

I've just tried the weather & it works.........

Cheers,

TerryW

Good morning Stewie,

I've copied & pasted a working FS9 from my backup HD into this machine but quite a few things are missing so I just kept c&p'ing until the missing items were pasted.

I've just tried the weather & it works.........

Cheers,

TerryW

That's great! Thanks for letting me know. Not sure, why I keep getting that it's not connected to the internet, so It won't work for me and I unfortunately don't have a back

My problem now is Firefox won't connect to my modem......if it's not 1 thing it's something else !!

Thanks crazy. If you figure that out, please let me know.

When I try to connect to Real-World Weather, I receive the following error message. An error occurred while downloading Real-World Weather. Please check your internet connection and configuration and try again. Never had to do anything before. No idea how to resolve it.