Upgrade question

kwi

Hi all,

I`m planning to leave FSX and jump onto P3Dv4.5

V5 is not possible because my present pc cannot handle them.

I have 3 SSD´s in my pc: 250GB for Win10/64, 500GB for FSX, 500GB free for V4.5

Do I have the freedom to install 4.5 where I would to have them, or does he install where he it want, like on C: drive??

Tks for any answer

Peter

Ancient I7-2600@3900, 24gb ram, 250gb ssd win10/64, 500gb ssd fsx, 500gb ssd p3d v3.4

Hi all,

I`m planning to leave FSX and jump onto P3Dv4.5

V5 is not possible because my present pc cannot handle them.

I have 3 SSD´s in my pc: 250GB for Win10/64, 500GB for FSX, 500GB free for V4.5

Do I have the freedom to install 4.5 where I would to have them, or does he install where he it want, like on C: drive??

Tks for any answer

Peter

Yes, 4.5 can be installed anywhwere. Just remember FSX addons DO NOT work in the main.

Why are you choosing 4.5? 5.1 is the latest and greatest? You have to buy it anyway...

Hello,

I use

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (MSI) 36 °C

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (MSI) 29 °C

And 5.1 HF1 is OK With 3 monitors

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64

5.1 should work with that setup. Just not with extreme settings, as advised.

4.5 is the END of L-M updates for the v4.X series. 5.1 is still at the start for the 5.0 series, meaning compatability and updates will last longer-

And as said, 5.1 offers faster FPS over 4.5 on the same hardware. Unless yours is hardware-limited, I would recommend 5.1.

Hi i have 2 copies of v5 install 1/ on my cockpit with a GTX1070 driving 3 32in curved screens in my cockpit, handles it well the PC struggles in build up areas so must keep the sliders back a little, the second runs on my test PC which is a ageing i7 with a GTX760 works great with a 24in monitor and no stuttering. One thing I will add is I moved over to v5 when Microsoft started trashing FSXSE and then released a copy as freeware prior to the release of MSF. I decided to reinstall SE last week to explore the possibility's of producing a copy of TNW to sort it out, wow Steam has really gone to work on it the 3D trees for my money are better than Orbx I know Orbx are credited with the best quality plus the new mesh is very acceptable, my advice is have a look at FSXSE more airports more aircraft better comparability and runs very stable with lots of improvements. I'm not a insider but to me Lockheed Martin is been limited by Microsoft because of 1/ Microsoft Flight 2/ Lockheed |Martin do not have a entertainment licence for FSX which is the base program.

Hope this helps Howard