Landing Help Please?

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have the new F15 from DC Designs. I can do an approach perfectly, and when I touch down I go out of control. Its like that with all my aircraft, no matter WHAT I fly, even the Cessna 152. Any suggestions on how to get this right?

Thanks in advance!

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Have you got the flight model set to legacy instead of modern? Might be worth checking

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

sfojimbo

Are you saying it just started since you added the F-15?

Started since the F15, no, it was all the time. Just finally getting around to asking about it :)

g7rta

Have you got the flight model set to legacy instead of modern? Might be worth checking

Regards

Steve

Also I have it set to modern. Not legacy. :)

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I had to change from settings in the assistance area from easy to medium, or I always ran amuck and lost control. Must have something to do with rudder maybe.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Does it consistently veer in the same direction, or is the direction random?

Goes totally out of control. Really annoying to be honest, but at least I can land without a crash. The crash occurs after the out of control part. LOL

djfierce

I had to change from settings in the assistance area from easy to medium, or I always ran amuck and lost control. Must have something to do with rudder maybe.

I'll give it a shot! Anything to help. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

what are your settings in this menu? I'd recommend auto rudder and assisted landing be turned off? I'm only guessing, but my first time thru with piloting set to easy I puked all my landings....

assistance.jpg

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

what are your settings in this menu? I'd recommend auto rudder and assisted landing be turned off? I'm only guessing, but my first time thru with piloting set to easy I puked all my landings....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]224928[/ATTACH]

That worked! Problem solved! :) Thank you!:cool:

He recommended landing assistance be turned OFF, actually.

I would agree. You want to be in control, not some AI helper.

To practice landings, I'd set weather conditions to either calm, or gentle wind (4-8 kts) straight down the runway heading. The ground handling in the sim is a bit off. The plane reacts to crosswinds pretty believably in the air, but once on the ground, the tendency to weathervane is both too pronounced and oddly vague.

Also practice holding the aircraft off just above the runway as long as possible when landing. You want to be out of lift when you land, so you stay planted and winds affect you less, and your rollout will be more controllable because of your lower speed.

And adjust rudder control senstitivity to suit your hardware. Again, on the ground, rudder inputs are too dramatic at default settings.