Going Ballistic at Davis Monthan AFB

Just loving the new F15 by DC Designs. I seriously have to practice touch and goes though. Entirely different beast from my Citations and Such!

RNqSO5B.jpg

My mom shared a story with me this morning when I showed her this shot, she said it reminded her of the time she saw a military jet almost go nose down into the island on a highway she was on on the way home from work, but it suddenly got out of the dive and skyrocketed up at the angle that was close to this screenshot! That must have been frightening to see! I remember at the time she told me they were having problems with the F22 oxygen tanks, so maybe it was one of them she saw? Could have been!

s3MFJJd.jpg

Have a good one all. More F15 love coming while I master the art of flying this vessel. Hope you don't get tired of them, this is what I'm using for a while yet. ;)

By the way, anyone know where the Mach Loop Canyon is?

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Just loving the new F15 by DC Designs. By the way, anyone know where the Mach Loop Canyon is?

Great shots of the boneyard and an awesome RW and sim aircraft. I still remember about 10 years ago when 2 Georgia Air National Guard F-15s made a section takeoff with full afterburners while our aircraft was holding short for the runway. Shook the whole plane!

Here's some info on Mach Loop Canyon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Canyon_(California)

I think there's also a similar place in the UK

Great shots of the boneyard and an awesome RW and sim aircraft. I still remember about 10 years ago when 2 Georgia Air National Guard F-15s made a section takeoff with full afterburners while our aircraft was holding short for the runway. Shook the whole plane!

Here's some info on Mach Loop Canyon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Canyon_(California)

I think there's also a similar place in the UK

Thanks Bill! They are incredible aircraft. And also thanks for the info on the Mach Loop!

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

nothing like a quality boneyard.

Thanks James, and soooooooo true! I wish the others in the sim were depicted as they were. I'm disappointed they're not.

Couple of fine F-15 pics. over the bone yard John. :cool: :)

Thanks Larry! Much appreciated. I love this bird.

I don't mind seeing these shots at all! That boneyard is amazing as well! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to tell you a story about this exact runway and a plane that looked just like this one.

In the early 90s as a college student, I had a part-time job delivering flowers around the Tucson area. Davis-Monthan AFB was a frequent destination for deliveries, so I would often pull up to the military entrance of the base and receive permission to actually enter the base and complete my delivery.

One day, I got lost on the base looking for the delivery spot. Looking for residences on the base is a lot like entering a gigantic apartment and townhouse complex, so it can be confusing. I pulled my delivery truck over (small pickup with a refrigerated storage area in the back) to study the base map. Unfortunately, the location I pulled onto to do this was the runway.

I had no idea it was a runway until I heard gigantic booming noise. A fighter jet flew right over my head to land just yards from my truck. Adrenaline and the passage of time make it hard for me to estimate how close this was, but I was staring right at the underbelly of an F-16 or whatever the plane was. And I am sure that the pilot was angry as hell that some rando idiot in a stupid-looking pickup truck was suddenly on his runway while landing. Both of us dying that way would be a really embarrassing way to go--more so for him.

Obviously this was terrifying for me. I got the living hell out of there, found my delivery location, and drove out of the base pronto. No one tried to contact me as far as I know, and the entry guards did not stop me for questions as I exited.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Fine shoots indeed..

And as pointed out there is a very well known Low Flying area in the UK called the Mach Loop - official its called Low Flying Area 7 (LFA7) by the Military....

A simple google search will throw up various sites with info....but see HERE and HERE for some videos of low flying around the loop

Regards

Brian