Kias 0.0

Stewie

Within the last couple of weeks, navigational information activated by cntrl z would show the airspeed for a minute or so inflight then change to 0.0 as illustrated in the attached jpg.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and most importantly, how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Stewie

KIAS.JPG

Within the last couple of weeks, navigational information activated by cntrl z would show the airspeed for a minute or so inflight then change to 0.0 as illustrated in the attached jpg.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and most importantly, how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Stewie

Sorry - I meant Shift Z

Hi,

Happens on a regular basis to me as well. Your panel speed indicator will also go to 0kts.

Here's a screenshot from my VA's ACARS data from some yrs ago, others had this happen also:

DVA-IAS.png

See the GS at 310kts.

And yes, pitot was on. I wonder if that even does anything besides moving a switch and turning on a light...

I use Active Sky, and by using the same weather data at the same airport I even could reproduce it, same location and altitude... And after about a minute or less everything went back to normal. Never seems to happen at cruise alt. Also aircraft independent, payware or freeware.

Screenshot was FS9 PMDG737, made the A/T go to full throttle... Had to cut it right away before busting the 250kts speed limit, of which I had no readout of course...

Regards,

DDP.

Hi,

Happens on a regular basis to me as well. Your panel speed indicator will also go to 0kts.

Here's a screenshot from my VA's ACARS data from some yrs ago, others had this happen also:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]224841[/ATTACH]

See the GS at 310kts.

And yes, pitot was on. I wonder if that even does anything besides moving a switch and turning on a light...

I use Active Sky, and by using the same weather data at the same airport I even could reproduce it, same location and altitude... And after about a minute or less everything went back to normal. Never seems to happen at cruise alt. Also aircraft independent, payware or freeware.

Screenshot was FS9 PMDG737, made the A/T go to full throttle... Had to cut it right away before busting the 250kts speed limit, of which I had no readout of course...

Regards,

DDP.

Thanks for sharing. My guess is that it has to do with a gauge that was added or changed. The sad part is I don't know which one it could have been.

Hi,

I also use FSCaptain (payware) addon. It has an option for realistic weather hazards (icing). One of the devs of FSCaptain once made a gauge to simulate realistic icing.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=83084673

Check out the icing.txt for a good read about FS icing or the lack thereof...

In order to use this realistic icing your aircraft needs to have its anti-icing actually working, meaning that flipping the switch also sends the internal FS signal (e.g. in XML ANTI_ICE_TOGGLE_ENG1).

FSCaptain can test these signals. See below:

FSC01.PNG

So, yes, again, pitot was turned on...

It happened with a.o. FT A320, FT C208B, stock C208B and later also PMDG B1900C and PSS B757.

If I loaded another WX file in AS6.5 or ASE and I redid the same takoff and SID, problem fixed...

In the end I didn't bother with it anymore... Random weather engine air pocket or vacuum bubble...?

It actually increases the realism to have a mini emergency possibility during climbs or descents, and it also happens on approaches...

And I just found this, made me laugh... And apparently all of the anti-ice was on...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ias-temporarily-drops-to-zero/244988

Regards,

DDP.