FS2020 simulation on XBOX

Hi there,

This is probably a very dumb question, because i never really played on a XBOX console

(most playstation and nintendo consoles experiences)

I was wondering how does the real "PC simmer" manages to play on the XBOX when it comes to controlling altitudes, speeds, radios,

finally, all that regular keys clicking that is usually done on a PC while on FS.

or does the xbox user needs a mouse ?

thanks for your answers.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Xbox Series X is compatible with USB & wireless keyboards and mice and USB Joysticks (with other types of controllers to follow) but the game or app has to be compatible as well. We're assured that MSFS will be fully compatible and Beta testing begins on Xbox next month for launch this summer.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Xbox Series X is compatible with USB & wireless keyboards and mice and USB Joysticks (with other types of controllers to follow) but the game or app has to be compatible as well. We're assured that MSFS will be fully compatible and Beta testing begins on Xbox next month for launch this summer.

thats interesting.

but if the console hasn't been fully compatible, how does the first FS buyers managed to play the game on the xbox ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thats interesting.

but if the console hasn't been fully compatible, how does the first FS buyers managed to play the game on the xbox ?

The first MSFS players on Xbox may be limited to keyboard, mouse and joystick until compatibility with yokes, pedals and throttle quadrants is added later.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The first MSFS players on Xbox may be limited to keyboard, mouse and joystick until compatibility with yokes, pedals and throttle quadrants is added later.

Ok ! so basically xbox fs2020 gameplay (without yoke pedals, throttle ...)

offers the same experience as any PC offers ?

i always used to play with the basis, mouse, keyboards, xbox360 joystick (never used yoke nor pedals..)

so i wont find any difference with xbox.

Its really very important to me right know, on one side my kid wants the new xbox and i would normally need a new PC to run my FS2020

I believe both of us will be happy :) and my bank account too.!

While they are working to keep the experience as similar as possible, there still isn't much in the way of specific details. As with many things, the best way to avoid disappointment would be to wait until the Xbox version has been released and see exactly what it entails. There are two big differences that will affect the Xbox version. The first is subscriptions for multiplayer as all Xbox games require the Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online, and I don't see why the sim would be different. And the second major difference will be that add-ons will have to go through the built-in Marketplace due to the locked down nature of the console. You almost certainly won't be downloading free add-ons from this or other websites and installing them by dragging to the community folder (unless they open some creative way to handle this). On the flip side, if you have already bought the sim through the Microsoft Store, you won't need to purchase it again. Steam users would have to buy it again if they want the console version though.

I wouldn't bet on any of that at this stage, anything could happen during beta testing between now and summer.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

See this article for some hints as to what is coming for the Xbox release.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-15-whats-in-store-for-microsoft-flight-simulator-in-2021

It's heartening to hear the console experience will be similar to the PC one, which also means that console users will be able to make the most of the ever-growing marketplace of third-party add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator. It's another area of focus as the team work on the console versions. "We're trying to get this to work better," says Neumann of embracing the community-made content. "It's great, though, right? Like, I've never had this ever in my career in gaming, that there's that many competent people actually making things. We have direct communication with them all the time. But if they want to go to Xbox, you need to be in the sandbox, meaning we need to get them into the marketplace. Because on Xbox, you can't just drag it into a folder. I think that's going to happen - I'm quite optimistic."

See this article for some hints as to what is coming for the Xbox release.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-15-whats-in-store-for-microsoft-flight-simulator-in-2021

So basically, its always an advantage to have a PC running FS2020 instead of the console

I sincerely dont know what to do, i used to hate flying deafult FSX aircraft once i had wilcos, PMDG's, leveld and ariane products running

according to everything i'm reading , if any time those companies come out with new addons for FS2020 it will be only compatible with PC version right ?

then again, i dont know how complexe default FS2020 aircraft are maid, are they as complexe as what i mentioned above ?

i am a real fan of full fonction aircrafts.

i used to hate flying deafult FSX aircraft once i had wilcos, PMDG's, leveld and ariane products running

according to everything i'm reading , if any time those companies come out with new addons for FS2020 it will be only compatible with PC version right ?

All aircraft and scenery designed for MSFS will work on PC or Xbox. The default aircraft for MSFS are more like the Carenado payware aircraft for FSX/P3D, including the autopilots and satnavs. The standard is WAY higher than in previous sims.

So basically, its always an advantage to have a PC running FS2020 instead of the console

I sincerely dont know what to do, i used to hate flying deafult FSX aircraft once i had wilcos, PMDG's, leveld and ariane products running

then again, i dont know how complexe default FS2020 aircraft are maid, are they as complexe as what i mentioned above ?

i am a real fan of full fonction aircrafts.

No, what that means is that all add-on aircraft on the Xbox can only be installed through the built-in Marketplace, not third party websites or other sources. As Tim mentions, aircraft in the Marketplace will be compatible with both the PC and Xbox versions.

The default aircraft in MSFS are more complex than FSX, though still not to the same level as those from some third party developers. PMDG and others are working on aircraft for MSFS. However the SDK is still under development, slowing them down right now.

Edited by loki

No, what that means is that all add-on aircraft on the Xbox can only be installed through the built-in Marketplace, not third party websites or other sources.

As far we know so far, though Marketplace already features Free files. One of the Xbox default apps is Edge browser, and it's been possible to download and extract .zip files since the Xbox One.

Edited by tiger1962

As far we know so far, though Marketplace already features Free files. One of the Xbox default apps is Edge browser, and it's been possible to download and extract .zip files since the Xbox One:URL]

Yes, for some cases it is possible. They seem pretty clear on it not being used for MSFS though.

PS, linking a video showing pirating games probably isn't the best example.

Edited by loki

PS, linking a video showing pirating games probably isn't the best example.

Yikes!! I didn't realise that! I'll remove the link PDQ.

No, what that means is that all add-on aircraft on the Xbox can only be installed through the built-in Marketplace, not third party websites or other sources. As Tim mentions, aircraft in the Marketplace will be compatible with both the PC and Xbox versions.

The default aircraft in MSFS are more complex than FSX, though still not to the same level as those from some third party developers. PMDG and others are working on aircraft for MSFS. However the SDK is still under development, slowing them down right now.

In a few words, i'll have to wait till we get more news from XBOX user experiences, or just buy a new PC :( ....

In a few words, i'll have to wait till we get more news from XBOX user experiences, or just buy a new PC :( ....

When it comes to computers and software, waiting for the actual release, and third party reviews, is often the best route to make the best decision and avoid disappointment.

When it comes to computers and software, waiting for the actual release, and third party reviews, is often the best route to make the best decision and avoid disappointment.

Buying the xbox X might be my next move + FS2020 ...

But can i use the same license on a new PC ?

Yes you can.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

As I mentioned earlier, yes, you can if you buy it from the Microsoft Store, not Steam.

oh sorry, i didnt read that paragraph because i was focusing on replies with quotes

Anyways thanks a lot for your time, you have been a great help

i will wait a bit though...i will buy the xbox + the sim and later i'll get i nice PC.

I cant wait ! i feel like a beatles groupie !

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

i will wait a bit though...i will buy the xbox + the sim and later i'll get i nice PC.

If you do go for the Xbox, I suspect you will want to get the Xbox Series X for the extra processing power and RAM, even if you aren't planning to run at 4k resolutions.

If you do go for the Xbox, I suspect you will want to get the Xbox Series X for the extra processing power and RAM, even if you aren't planning to run at 4k resolutions.

Absolutely, i want the best console series, but i dont know if my TV HDMI connector is compatible

i dont have 4K ....

according to what i've read, i guess i will be ok with HDMI 2.0

Because its the one on my TV.

Edited by lefu