Xbox app services

Every time I start (boot) my PC (Windows 10) I get an XBOX app automatically start and display it's 'window' which I have to manually close.

Remembering 'task manager' allows you to disable/enable programs automatically starting and I used it to DISABLE XBOX app services.

My question is this -

Can this be done within MSFS2020? It's a most annoying 'feature' obviously installed and enabled when I purchased and downloaded/installed MSFS2020. Would I have been asked did I want this 'feature' enabled during installation? I bet NOT.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

It seems that this one needs to go into the "too hard basket"?

John

The Xbox app is included with Windows 10, if it's launching at startup it probably needs you to sign in or it needs an update.

You can check for all app updates in Microsoft Store (the shopping bag icon with a windows logo on your taskbar).

Launch MS Store, then click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and click on Downloads and updates in the drop-down menu.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks tiger.

Well it's crazy. I enabled Xbox to start on boot using task manager and rebooted my PC and it starts.

It displays a different 'gamertag' than the one I changed it to a few weeks ago. When I select change gamertag it then displays my current gamertag - how stupid is that!

Also I don't see any icon which looks like a shopping bag with windows logo on it. If I select GENERAL I can then set 'startup settings' such as automatic launch app at startup, launch app in background, etc.

Am I on the right planet :confused:

xbox.jpg

John

Also I don't see any icon which looks like a shopping bag with windows logo on it.

OK try opening your Start Menu and scroll down the programs list, you should find Microsoft Store in there. It does sound like your Xbox app needs updating.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks Tim

I selected Microsoft Store (from programs list). It displayed that XBOX was installed. I clicked on the 3 dots (top right) and then selected 'downloads and updates' then clicked on 'Get Updates' and waited until finished. XBOX app still shows an incorrect Gamertag. I then rebooted my PC to see if that would make a change but it didn't. Really STUPID.

Do I really need this app? What does it do for me? Maybe I should just remove it.

Edited by jparnold
add 'rebooted'

John

Thanks Tim

I selected Microsoft Store (from programs list). It displayed that XBOX was installed. I clicked on the 3 dots (top right) and then selected 'downloads and updates' then clicked on 'Get Updates' and waited until finished. XBOX app still shows an incorrect Gamertag. I then rebooted my PC to see if that would make a change but it didn't. Really STUPID.

Do I really need this app? What does it do for me? Maybe I should just remove it.

Have you tried logging out of your account in the Xbox app?

Thanks loki

I signed out and back in and that fixed the incorrect gamertag problem. I also changed the settings so that it doesn't automatically startup on bootup.

John