Hi

I can't run the new game, just lags.

Here are my specs.

Please could you advise where i can improve slightly to at least run the game. Not expecting wonderful graphics.

Thanks

CPU - I5 6600k 3.5ghz

GPU - GeForce GTX 1050

RAM - 8gb

That system should be able to run MSFS2020 fairly well; I suspect that another four gigs of memory would be a big help. Go to options --> general, and reduce most settings to low or medium.

There's a lot of help online if you search for msfs settings:

Here's one that covers what you need.

Edited by sfojimbo
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

the minimum speck means running in minimum resolution.... your setup is too low to run smoothly at high resolutions...... looks like you need to upgrade everything...... welcome to the next generation software...... If you love flightsim it's an investment worth doing imo

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Your specs are above the minimum so it should at least run.

What resolution are you trying to run it at?

Also have you tried to run it in offline mode

in case it is your internet connection that is causing the lag. ?

Worth checking if you don't have the cash to splash out.

If you are on a limited budget i would go for more ram and a better graphics card first.

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The more ram might be had for $20, but the better graphics card would probably start around $500 for a used one (1080ti). Of course he should be able to sell his 1080 for $250. The lower end graphics settings aren't that bad. Edited by sfojimbo
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Jim, I think you might have misread his initial post. He says he has a GTX 1050 not a 1080. All video cards are overpriced at the moment. When prices get back to normal, maybe a GTX 1660ti would be an option with better performance.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

My system was so old (though it ran FSX fine) that I decided to do a full system rebuild using my old SSDs and monitor. Started with a 2700 with a GTX 3070 vid card and 16 gb of DDR4 running on a Tomahawk 450 Carbon Pro mobo. I didn't need to go to mad as I'm only running in 1080.

Since then I've swapped out the 2700 for a 5600X and managed to sell the 2700 for what I paid for it (must have got a good deal on that). I've now added a 1TB m.2 drive and cloned MSFS onto it and intend to stick another 16 gb of RAM into it soon (my birthday iscoming and RAM isn't that expensive).

This system is fine for 1080, but I suspect would stillbe a bit lightweight if I wanted to go to 4k. I guess I would need an RTX3080 and a new PSU to go with it

I got a decent deal on the 3070 £460), so would probably make a bit if I decided to sell that.

Never go anywhere near a flight simulator with minimum specs Even max specs can struggle once you start putting in addons.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)