Internet Data Usage Maximums

My internet data plan (Comcast) ... speed is "600 Mbps", measured usually 400-500 Mbps by ethernet cable, and recently found out that there is a cap of 1.2 Tb per month, with overage charges of $10 for each additional 50 Mb. There seems to be a true unlimited plan for an additional $30 per month. The data tracker on my Data settings page showed about 750 Gb 2 days ago (the 17th - I have it reset on the 31st day). I use MSFS 2020 about 2-3 hrs 3-4 times per week on average going to many different scenery areas. I do leave it on sometimes for 1-2 hours paused on the Options screen. Is there anything I should do different about the way I am using the simulator to alter or decrease data usage, or just buy the unlimited plan and not worry about it? (It seems like a fairly small amount of use for this much data.)

I'd go for the Unlimited plan, that's what I have here in the UK. Not only for MSFS though - we have a smart TV and my wife binges on Netflix box sets while I'm simming LOL.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

According to my Windows 10 Network & Internet settings page, my total usage is 60.01GB for the last 30 days.

Clicking on the Data Usage button shows each App and it's usage, MSFS has used 33.36GB.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Was it 750 Mb, and I misread it? It has refreshed now (not sure why since I set this to 31st day). Now using Win 10 network settings to monitor cumulative data usage and its much lower, and Xfinity bill has bar graph of monthly data use, and its also much lower.

Your download speed is well above what is required for MSFS. You might find that a plan with a lower speed and unlimited download is a much cheaper option. For instance, I have a 50mbps download plan with unlimited download data and it works just fine even when my wife is using Netflix while I am simming.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

UK user I've been running on an unlimited plan at 28mbps since the release of MSFS with absolutely no bother (except of course for update time when I'm lucky to get 15mbps, probably due to heavy server use). I'm trying to get my speed uprated; today they managed to up it by about 20% and the PC itself seems faster but it hasn't had any effect on the sim as far as I can tell.

Like others that's as well as all the other internet gizmos we've got running around the house as well as streaming TV! See what your local ISPs are offering - I find you can also usually "negotiate" with your current supplier.