Install confusion

I bought a non-Xbox Live FS 2020 edition (premium deluxe) today in the online (web-based) Microsoft store. When I tried to install it, I got a message saying my device (my Windows 10 PC) "was not recognized." So, thinking I probably needed to buy it in the MS store pre-loaded on my PC, I looked for the software there. I saw that I already "owned" it. I double checked my credit card, and I had been billed $119.99 for what I thought was the standalone program. I clicked on install and I was asked to create an XBox account before I could proceed. So now, as the install continues, I'm confused. Did I just screw up and commit myself to an XBox Live subscription I don't want?
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

The subscription is called Xbox Gamepass for PC. While you did buy the standalone edition, it still requires an Xbox account.

Okay, but now after exploring the sim and closing it, I am running into the infamous "insert disk" problem trying to start it again. What do I do about that?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Some people have solved this by logging out of the MS/Xbox account and logging back in again.

I solved it by requesting a refund in the Microsoft Store (which I got), uninstalling the software, and repurchasing it from Steam. No problem launching it now.