Where did you fly today ?

Hi all,

I thought that I would lighten the mood by throwing this one out there.

For me, three flights today

EGNH (Blackpool) to EGKK (Gatwick)

LSGG (Geneva) to LFMN (Nice), one of my favourite flights this one

and LFMN (Nice) to LXGB (Gibraltar)

All IFR, all in the Longitude. All without a hitch.

I'm lovin' it [emoji6]

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In route now from Pensacola, FL to San Antonio, TX in my Seminole. All VFR. Lovin' it! Oil derricks galore out there.Screenshot (445).png Edited by pops52
Added pic
I-7 9700 OC to 4.7Ghz, MPG 2390 Mobo, 32 Gig ram, Dark Rock Pro fan, 1-TB SSD, 4-TB rotating drive, RTX 2070 Super, LG 34" curved monitor, Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle quadrant, Windows 10.​

Interesting subject, I too wonder what everyone else is doing with their sim.

One time a long time ago I did an in depth analysis of the Battle of the Bulge and I created a large KML file in Google Earth with placemarks for all the events. For the last few days I have been flying over some of those places and struggling with navigating the Eiffel area of Germany (where I was stationed in the US Army in the early 60s), and Belgium. I wish I'd had this sim when I was first researching the battle(s), being able to actually see the terrain is much more revealing than looking at a map or Google Earth. The hill system east of St Vith is not as large as I thought it was.

Last week was spent entirely in the Yosemite Valley area, much of it following the Merced River at an altitude of 200' or so (heh heh, the FAA can't stop me from flying that low in the sim). I've also practiced mountain flying around Aspen.

One day last month I flew the Darién Gap, also at about 200'; that would be a very risky flight IRL.

I have dabbled in aerobatics, and I'm impressed by the fact that the sim does a pretty good job of mimicking aircraft performance in unusual attitudes.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Last week was spent entirely in the Yosemite Valley area, much of it following the Merced River at an altitude of 200' or so (heh heh, the FAA can't stop me from flying that low in the sim). I've also practiced mountain flying around Aspen.

That's a beautiful area. I like the area on the other side of the Sierra's as well, for the contrast of sharp mountain peaks and desert.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Logged this flight yesterday, Boston to Denver. Actually, I was inspired to try out the Citation CJ4 computer system by this gentleman's

Youtube video here:

Worked out pretty well.

Ron

Log-Book.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

KPSP-KORD, KORD-KBOS, KBOS-KLGA all in an A321 in American Livery.

Now if someone would just come out with some decent airport scenery for KPSP.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

(LYTV)-Tivat, beautiful place to fly around

Послато са SM-N975F помоћу Тапатока

Sounds interesting, I might try this one today ! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I am doing short flights in the 152 at 1000 feet down the Eastern seaboard of the US. Started in LA Guardia and this morning, after several short flights over a few dyas, did a stop over in 07FA. Will start from there next and do the coastline around to Mexico over the next few days.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

KUCA (Utica, NY) to KBUF (Buffalo, NY) in the snow. Got a little "crusty:.

Screenshot (463)R.jpg

I-7 9700 OC to 4.7Ghz, MPG 2390 Mobo, 32 Gig ram, Dark Rock Pro fan, 1-TB SSD, 4-TB rotating drive, RTX 2070 Super, LG 34" curved monitor, Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle quadrant, Windows 10.​

EGNM-LMML, 3hrs 15min in the Longitude, M.80 @ FL450 with Live Traffic & Weather. Brilliant!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Today I tried the flight that BorisMarkus suggested from Dubrovnik (Croatia) to Tivat (Montenegro ).

I have thank him as it was stunning. Tivat looks like an inviting holiday destination.

Added bonus of payware airports available for each end.

I did it in the C172 at 800 feet and MSFS looked beautiful.

Thanks BorisMarkus and Asobo !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I took off from Watsonville, Calif. in "my" Cessna 152 and flew to Aptos/Rio del Mar, where we live, circled around our neighborhood for a while (didn't pick out our house, though I'm sure it's there) and then flew back to Watsonville, where I missed multiple approaches before I finally was able to put the plane down--cowboy style. I have a long way to go before I get good at his, and leaving real-world weather turned on complicated matters today, I think. Anyway, I was able to achieve level flight much of the time, thanks to the trim wheel on my Logitech multi-panel.
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Today I tried the flight that BorisMarkus suggested from Dubrovnik (Croatia) to Tivat (Montenegro ).

I have thank him as it was stunning. Tivat looks like an inviting holiday destination.

Added bonus of payware airports available for each end.

I did it in the C172 at 800 feet and MSFS looked beautiful.

Thanks BorisMarkus and Asobo !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I did that one today in the Daher TBM930. Gorgeous!

KUCA (Utica, NY) to KBUF (Buffalo, NY) in the snow. Got a little "crusty:.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]224807[/ATTACH]

That's funny. I've been flying around that area a lot in the last few weeks. I fly between airports that serve the "current" and former Dunder Mifflin branch locations! So Utica, Syracuse, Scranton, Yonkers, Erie, Stamford, Albany, etc! I love flying here with the turboprops both in MSFS and all my Carenado products in P3D. Too fun!

Yes, I fly in the plains a lot. My most used airport is KFMZ.

Just for you, I decided to go back East and fly

CYES to CSC5

Which goes from New Brunswick into the heart of French Canadian Quebec.

CSC5 is a pretty difficult approach.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Guest Rockcliffe2

Early morning flight from CYVR to CYYJ in the King Air.

I am ever so slowly unravelling the mysteries of the Garmin and this is a scenic, short leg flight over an area I know well (despite living several thousand kilometres away.)

MSFS 2020 (and the pandemic!) has brought me back to flight simming after many years away and I find both sim flying and RW flying has changed a lot!

Guest Rockcliffe2
CJA3 to D55

CJA3 to D09 via cuski

I'm guessing "Hold for traffic" is not something you hear a lot on those routes, lol