Where did you fly today ?

Have started watching for interesting flight plans to download. Although I love the flying aspect, sometimes it's nice to just sit back and let the A/P get on with it - just for interest I keep ATC on even if I do occasionally get involved in their game of "ATC tennis"! I do them at low altitude with both the C172 and Bonanza if I want something a bit faster. I just love travelling, however advancing years means I'm not quite as able as I was - the sim is great for that.

Today started the "Pilots of the Caribbean" tour, half a dozen f/plans taking you round the Caribbean. I'm also doing the "Route 66", something I have always wanted to do. I got both from Flightsim.to

Incidentally as KML files were mentioned, you can import them into Little Navmap which will then convert them into a workable flightplan. You might need to make a couple of alterations, such as arrival/departure airfields.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set up a nice 2 hour flight in the Longitude from KAPC (Napa Valley) to KLVS (North Las Vegas). ATC was constantly having me change elevation (I'm still wondering why) and three quarters into the flight had me way to low to clear a mountain. By the time I gained control, I was a mort. Playing Texas holdem on the adjacent computer may have contributed to the loss of the aircraft.
I-7 9700 OC to 4.7Ghz, MPG 2390 Mobo, 32 Gig ram, Dark Rock Pro fan, 1-TB SSD, 4-TB rotating drive, RTX 2070 Super, LG 34" curved monitor, Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle quadrant, Windows 10.​

Today I flew from Gatwick to Palma de Mallorca. A flight of around 2 hrs 10 mins.

I usually fly with live weather and real world traffic on (what is real world at the moment !), but today for a change i thought that I would switch to online players to see who else was about. As I loaded up the flight it showed the real weather correctly, heavy cloud with rain. After switching to online players and then starting the flight the weather on the ground at Gatwick was clear skies and 29.92mb? I have never had a problem with real weather before but I had heard of others having issues so perhaps it has something to do with when one flies with online players.

Anyhow, it was a nice flight but I was suprised to see only 3 other pilots on the 2 hr route. A quiet day in Europe.

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

EGNM-LPFR in the Longitude again, with live Weather and Live Traffic. Stunning scenery thanks to large breaks in the clouds of Storm Christoph, apart from crossing the Bay of Biscay from Brittany to the Basque region, both of which are well worth a closer look.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Flying a short hop through Jacksonville, FL. KCRG to KJAX, using a flight plan that will take me over the Jaguar Stadium, through downtown and over most of the airports and then landing at KJAX. Takes about 20 minutes, but I love it!0070.jpg Edited by davidc2
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Set up a nice 2 hour flight in the Longitude from KAPC (Napa Valley) to KLVS (North Las Vegas). ATC was constantly having me change elevation (I'm still wondering why) and three quarters into the flight had me way to low to clear a mountain. By the time I gained control, I was a mort. Playing Texas holdem on the adjacent computer may have contributed to the loss of the aircraft.

almost sprayed by coffee.

A relaxing little coffee run - Meigs to Gary - Gary to Midway.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Nice couple hours of island hoping off the west coast of Africa.

Is-Africa.png

I-7 9700 OC to 4.7Ghz, MPG 2390 Mobo, 32 Gig ram, Dark Rock Pro fan, 1-TB SSD, 4-TB rotating drive, RTX 2070 Super, LG 34" curved monitor, Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle quadrant, Windows 10.​

Taking some drunk'n skiers from Aspen to Salt Lake City in the Longitude. They have already emptied the mini-bar and we are not yet half way there!! Likely non-tippers as well. :(

Snap with the Longitude, pops52! I'm flying mine from EGNM Leeds Bradford to LFMN Nice on a NeoFly FBO flight (you can choose your own Fixed Base and destinations) I love the old Red White and Blue, with a thread of Gold if you look close enough:

Longitude.jpg

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I live in Sedona and can actually see my yard in the sim! House was only recently built so the sim only shows an empty lot, but that is amazing. Anyway, I took off from KSEZ yesterday (which has a fantastic hiking trail you can circle the airport with while watching planes). Headed up to Flagstaff and then on KGCN at the Grand Canyon. My normal trip there is in a minivan filled with in-laws. Flying would have been so much more tolerable.

A little disappointed by the Grand Canyon, but no one is to blame. Having hiked in it just months ago, it is not possible to simulate those views. Hope someone proves me wrong soon!

I work in law enforcement and my colleagues investigated some low key shenanigans going on in Page, Arizona some years ago, so I decided to head up there to park for the night. When I woke up this morning I turned on live weather and the rain was so heavy I had zero visibility. Certain death if I was flying for real given my skills, but sim me happily took off. Destination: another target of work I have done in the past, cult territory of the Fundamentalist LDS folks like Warren Jeffs. Jeffs actually lived and owned land around Colorado City. But I’ve always wondered about another area adjacent to FLDS land so I stopped there instead, at Kanab Municipal, just over the Utah border (KKNB). Desolate land out there. God’s country. Just not sure which God.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Made some heavy touch and goes with a 172 at Burlington Airpark in Ontario today. After I was done, the runway resembled an Iraqi airbase on day 3 of the Gulf War... I really need to practice more...

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

My flight today was from Headcorn(UK) to Woodbridge MOD base in Suffolk (UK). Woodbridge is the site of the UK's most famous UFO sighting back in the '80s. (The Rendlesham Incident) .It was an RAF airbase that had americans based there during the cold war and it was them that saw the UFO, although there was no sign of any when I landed [emoji4]. The runway is now out of use to aircraft other than the MOD and has a big yellow X as a warning to anyone attempting to land. I ignored that of course [emoji16]

I used live weather and the C172 for my flight and soon wished I had gone IFR as the weather was terrible, but I managed to just about stay in sight of the ground.

Happy flying

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Today I tried the flight that BorisMarkus suggested from Dubrovnik (Croatia) to Tivat (Montenegro ).

I have thank him as it was stunning. Tivat looks like an inviting holiday destination.

Added bonus of payware airports available for each end.

I did it in the C172 at 800 feet and MSFS looked beautiful.

Thanks BorisMarkus and Asobo !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks to you mate! I hope that you will fly there in the future in real life and stay some time to see our beautiful Montenegrian coast!

Послато са SM-N975F помоћу Тапатока

Believe it or not I still have not strayed to far from my home airport KVNC in the 172. Speaks to how good the VFR experience is in this sim when after months I am still not tired of the scenery in my own neck of the woods. I think the longest complete flight I have done is KVNC to Captiva. Not vary far. I do wonder around the Florida keys on occasion. The sim seems to be best suited for this type of flying right now any ways. Good thing I have no desire to be a jet jockey. I don't look good with gold stripes on my shoulders anyways.

Longest flight of my sim flying career today, at the expense of some serious work projects I need to finish. Used live weather to fly from Kanab, Utah to Palm Springs, California. The weather in Kanab and northwestern Arizona was severe, so I almost died several times and probably should have. I could not figure out why my Cessna 172 would suddenly go haywire when it was on autopilot and a huge wind gust would alter its direction or altitude. So a few times the plane stalled, but I managed to live. Another few times it wound up screaming toward the earth at breakneck speeds that probably got close to disintegrating the plane, but again, I got lucky.

Tried IFR for a while but while I was fighting for my life in the storms over northwestern Arizona, I could not possibly keep up.

Arriving in Palm Springs the weather was beautiful. The city lay-out by MSFS2020 is beautiful and very close to real life. Palm Springs is where me and my childhood guy friends go once a year for reunions, but we haven't since the pandemic, so the landing made me feel nostalgic.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I have been curious about the bend in the Danube River, so I started out at Esztergom Hungary, and checked out the river bend (don't laugh, some people go there for a vacation stop) then I continued on down river until I got to Budapest, and I was blown away by the city's geography and architecture. I probably spent an hour flying over the city at about 100' agl, checking out different neighborhoods and wondering who lives in the blocks of Soviet style apartment buildings and who lives in the tree lined neighborhoods.

I had myself convinced that I should go there in person this summer, but I came to my senses later.

I just landed the 172 in a park in Budapest and left it there. I suppose some virtual person is going to wonder what a virtual airplane is doing sitting abandoned in a park in the city.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Arriving in Palm Springs the weather was beautiful. The city lay-out by MSFS2020 is beautiful and very close to real life. Palm Springs is where me and my childhood guy friends go once a year for reunions, but we haven't since the pandemic, so the landing made me feel nostalgic.

The approach into PSP is spectacular for sure.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Palm Springs to Yuma, AZ using ILS, now that I've figured out how it works. Then down the Mexican coast to Puerto Peñasco (or as the tourists call it, Rocky Point) (*eye roll*). All of it using live weather, which was beautiful and sunny.