Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you fly today ?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Aptosflier View Post
    (1) How difficult is it to fly the CJ4 without the Working Title mod?
    (2) How did Working Title's mod improve your experience with this plane?
    (3) Does Working Title sell their mod in the MSFS marketplace?
    (4) I'm nervous about add-ons.
    I had a lot of trouble with CTDs and worse several months back and had to uninstall/reinstall MSFS more than once, not to mention using my recovery disk to restore Windows 10 at one point. It may just have been pure coincidence, but it seemed that my CTD woes exploded after I bought and installed an ultralight (from the marketplace). I've been gunshy about addons ever since, though I did purchase and add the Asobo ultralight to my hangar with no problems.
    (5) If I get the Working Title CJ4 mod, does it download to the "community" folder? (FYI: I have the Steam Edition.)
    1. & 2. I have no idea. I never flew it without the mod. From what I’ve read, the non-modded version is very stripped down and limited. The mod makes it what it is now. For what it’s worth, Working Title is an official Microsoft partner. They’re coming out soon with the new Garmin NXi to replace all the G1000 systems in the sim.

3. As far as I know, no, but their files are easily accessible through their site: https://www.workingtitle.aero/ oh, and it’s free, along with their Garmin improvements.

Just download the package and drop it in the community folder.

As for your CTDs, I do notice you have quite a bit of stuff running with the sim according to your signature. That may play a role, but I’m no expert in troubleshooting that kind of thing. I can only say I’ve had no issues, but use the non-Steam version (Windows).
    Last edited by CLE_GrummanTiger; 06-11-2021 at 09:50 PM.
    Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

Quote Originally Posted by CLE_GrummanTiger View Post
    For what it’s worth, Working Title is an official Microsoft partner. They’re coming out soon with the new Garmin NXi to replace all the G1000 systems in the sim.
    I just Googled Garmin NXi. A brief summary says "it enables WAAS/LPV approaches to thousands of airports with an autopilot-coupled glide path to selected minimums." Sounds like it will have VNAV as well as RNAV? How imminent is this upgrade? I can hardly wait!

Quote Originally Posted by CLE_GrummanTiger View Post
    As for your CTDs, I do notice you have quite a bit of stuff running with the sim according to your signature. That may play a role, but I’m no expert in troubleshooting that kind of thing. I can only say I’ve had no issues, but use the non-Steam version (Windows).
    I have a couple of Logitech flight panels running with the sim, plus yoke and rudder pedals, and TrackIR 5. Whatever the causes of my CTDs was/were, it/they were much deeper than these applications, which integrate well with MSFS.
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Aptosflier View Post
    I just Googled Garmin NXi. A brief summary says "it enables WAAS/LPV approaches to thousands of airports with an autopilot-coupled glide path to selected minimums." Sounds like it will have VNAV as well as RNAV? How imminent is this upgrade? I can hardly wait!
    Last I heard, next sim update is the target. They’re in closed beta now, so they’re pretty far along already. No idea if it will have all the capabilities you brought up, but here’s a preview: https://youtu.be/kkdrqq2NRwc

CYKQ to CYYU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hudson Bay.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	226464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hudson Bay 2.jpg 
Size:	262.2 KB 
ID:	226465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hudson B ay 3.jpg 
Size:	242.8 KB 
ID:	226466  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hudson Bay 5.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	278.4 KB 
ID:	226467  
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Default The rhine thing to do

Today I got up at 4 AM and jumped into my DA 62 and transported myself and my airplane over to Freiburg Germany.
    That is a good jumping off spot if you want to fly up the Rhine river.
    The plan is to fly all the way up to Amsterdam looking for castles.
    I chose the DA62 because it is about 35 MPH slower than my beloved Baron and I like the autopilot better.
    I have limited understanding of the autopilot.
    I will be flying at 1000 AGL and I need to change course a lot.
    It is easy for me to get confused without some sort of audio warning for switching on and off the autopilot and the Baron does not have that.
    I know the castles are there, I have seen them.
    Back in the late 60's my Air Force uncle and I spent 7 days driving up that river (more or less) and we saw several castles.
    Could be the best 7 days I ever had.
    Back In those days the Germans loved the Americans and they all treated us great. I don't know about today.
    We spent our time rubbernecking, drinking the greatest beer in the world and eating the finest food ever.
    Before our trip to Germany we spent 3 days over in the London area.
    The Brits are stuffy and I didn't like their beer very much and I hated their food.
    They would do well to spend some time in Germany learn how to drink beer and cook and have a good time.
    So, I flew about 175 miles (clicks) north. I saw lots of nice stuff but no castles.
    If any were there I must have flown right past them.
    Time for a change. I am going to finish my trip up the Rhine to Amsterdam.
    There is a lot more there than just castles.
    It is going to be a fun trip.
    And after that I am going to use my Ultralight and the World Map to pick out POI's and transport myself and my aircraft to those places of interest.
    I used the BING tool and did a search.
    I now have a list of places and things to see.
    Couple that with the World Map POI's and I should be able to get around ok.
    VFRguy
    Last edited by VFRguy; 06-14-2021 at 12:31 PM.

CYOL to CYWG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coldone1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	226477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coldone2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	226478  
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

No fancy pictures as I keep forgetting how, another topic, anyways did a few fun flights in the good ole 172. Forgot how fun that is eeven though it doesnt climb worth a darn...Started out with a late afternoon VFR trip from Tacoma KTIW to Ocean Shores W04. After buzzing the beauty that is the Chambers Bay golf course I proceeded to travel south to Olympia then out to the coast with a nice soft approach from the north. After a quick refuel and a bite to eat it was time to climb back into the 172 and head off from W04 down the coast past Long Beach into Astoria Oregon KAST for a dusk landing. From there it was time to find the sun so I repositioned the 172 to the big island and Hilo international PHTO for a VFR flight via the Hawaii observatory to PHNP and Ford Island field for a fun grass strip landing..All in all a fun way to spend a rainy day off. Took over 30 minutes to spiral up an altitude high enough to get over the top of Mauna Kea. Very impressed with the observatory complex..They did a great job modeling it..Until the next adventure.

Default Aruba to Tobago, Tobago to Trindad

In a Northwest 777 (Captain Sim). The approach into Tobago from the East is a bit tricky due to the hill on the final approach

9. Default

Couple of flights of note:

1. Just a Neofly mission from KTOL to KPCV in the good old 172. Nothing special, right? Well, I was flying live weather and traffic, and it was already dark. Good thing I had a good grip on IFR. Took off, then had to head out a bit into Lake Erie where I promptly ran into a thunderstorm with pouring rain. That was…unnerving! Sticking to IFR and trusting the instruments, I not only lined up on approach but lucked out with the weather clearing. Wow. An ordinary flight turned into a memorable one.

2. KATL to KASE in the CJ4. It was fun blasting out of busy KATL! Clear skies the whole way too. Approach to KASE took me by surprise and learned very quickly why it earned its reputation as one of the most difficult approaches. I misjudged how far away the runway was (or how close, rather) and had to dive for the landing. It was probably a bit steeper than IRL but I managed to come in for a surprisingly butterific landing. I’ll have to try KASE again now that I know what to expect!

10. Default

Didn't have time for a full flight, but managed to swing around Fuji to take in its majestic splendor. WOW.

Name:	sm fuji distant.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	226493

Name:	sm fuji 2.jpg 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	226494

Name:	sm fuji up close.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	226495

Name:	sm fuji profile.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	282.3 KB 
ID:	226496
    Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast