Where did you fly today ?

I have flown (and will today fly several more) short flights in the G36 between Watsonville and Monterey to nail down ILS approaches with the G1000 NXi. I use a Logitech multipanel to engage and otherwise manage the autopilot. The latest G1000 NXi update (to make ILS approaches work as they should) disabled the Logitech panel's ALT function. (Working Title has promised to fix this after Sim Update 6 -- not to be confused with World Updates -- arrives.)

Meanwhile, the altitude in the multipanel jumps from 0 ft. at "Fly" to 99,999 ft. when I get to the cockpit, and there is no way to change it. Instead, I have to go into the sim panel to adjust the cruise altitude before takeoff. Post-takeoff, the steps (and timing thereof) I have to go through to reach cruise altitude and then to descend from the initial approach fix (IAF) altitude to the final approach (Faf) fix flight level, and then to capture the glideslope, have changed. I won't get granular about the details here. I'll just say that I initially found the workload almost overwhelming in mid-flight. Thankfully, I think I'm getting the hang of it at last. In the meantime, I have gotten a lot of good practice recovering from nearly missed approaches, and going around, if necessary, to land at KMRY.

Here's my G36 parked at KMRY after my last, and successful, ILS RWY10 landing yesterday.

KMRY where is my car.jpg

Where did I leave my car...?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic