playing X-plane 7

agathosdaimon

Hi

yes i know this is an old game, but i am someone who likes old flight sims so putting that aside, i do have a query

i got x-plane 7 from ebay and installed it today - it runs okay if i use my intel graphics card and not the nvidia one, however in the sim, there seems to be only land textures for western europe or thereabouts - all the other countries have their airports and aids, but no land, so if i go to say La Guardia or Melbourne intl, then it is just runways sitting on water

- is this right? or is something not working as it should, playing this in windows 10 64bit

is there something ineed to do to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Without a licence, that is all you will see. Down load XP11 and it is the same

Hi

yes i know this is an old game, but i am someone who likes old flight sims so putting that aside, i do have a query

i got x-plane 7 from ebay and installed it today - it runs okay if i use my intel graphics card and not the nvidia one, however in the sim, there seems to be only land textures for western europe or thereabouts - all the other countries have their airports and aids, but no land, so if i go to say La Guardia or Melbourne intl, then it is just runways sitting on water

- is this right? or is something not working as it should, playing this in windows 10 64bit

is there something ineed to do to fix this?

• 2 months later...

I'm not an expert on X-Plane 7 - I was a Microsoft simmer for eons. When I returned to simming, it was to X-Plane because it seemed there was a lesser level of complexity

I see you got an answer already. Let me agree with him, but add the following:

It seems that nowhere where you bought X-Plane, if you installed the sim with the DVDs, you should have the appropriate "key" with your physical data (DVD, DVD-holder, etc).

I think I remember reading somewhere that the "..runways on water.." can also be a symptom of not having scenery installed for that region. Go back to your docs (is there a "read.me.txt" or similar?) and somewhere along the way you can find info about adding scenery if you didn't install it all the first go around.

Art Burke - N4PJ

Leesburg, FL