Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Still getting terrible stuttering in the Los Angeles metropolitan area

I just did a test flight out of LAX in the SR22, making a loop about 50-60 miles around the area, and had only an occasional stutter, no different from what I experience in other places in the U.S. and U.K. Mostly smooth. Settings are mostly ultra. Sorry about those who are having problems; I have no explanation, just reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I just did a test flight out of LAX in the SR22, making a loop about 50-60 miles around the area, and had only an occasional stutter, no different from what I experience in other places in the U.S. and U.K. Mostly smooth. Settings are mostly ultra. Sorry about those who are having problems; I have no explanation, just reporting.
    Take off from Ontario International Airport and fly west, stay south of 10. You'll experience it between Pomona and El Monte. It's not everywhere, only in spot locations. I don't normally fly around LA, I just went there to see for myself; it's real.
    i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

The exact location for max stuttering is right above Workman High School's Soccer field. (16303 Temple Ave City of Industry)
    i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

When I takeoff from LAX rwy 7L, flying at a 70 degree direction and I level off at 3000', the stutters start at around 2-3 miles west of the Los Angeles river for me. This stutterfest keeps going until I'm around parallel to ONT.

Quote Originally Posted by sfojimbo View Post
    Take off from Ontario International Airport and fly west, stay south of 10. You'll experience it between Pomona and El Monte. It's not everywhere, only in spot locations. I don't normally fly around LA, I just went there to see for myself; it's real.
    I just flew this course in a C172, and did have one noticeable hiccup(1-2 sec) near El Monte. Otherwise smooth, locked at 30 FPS. This is with the latest update 1.15.7.0 installed.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I just flew this course in a C172, and did have one noticeable hiccup(1-2 sec) near El Monte. Otherwise smooth, locked at 30 FPS. This is with the latest update 1.15.7.0 installed.
    It does it for me no matter which aircraft I fly it still happens. Also everything on lowest settings except keeping resolution at 1920x1080, it still stutters in that area in my system, only then the stutters are greatly reduced in both frequency and duration, but they are still there. Even with Game Mode turned off it still happens. Is it possible that the chipset latency from connection to the NVMe SSD in my system is being a bottleneck in that area of Los Angeles, since I'm using the lower M2 slot for the NVMe SSD that is storing my games and data? It did this on my SATA SSD drive as well as I mentioned before and SATA goes through the chipset as well. What motherboard and CPU are you using and are you using a SATA SSD or an NVMe SSD. If you installed FS2020 on an NVMe SSD, is it inserted in the upper M2 or lower M2 slot? Just trying to find out if there is some kind of bottleneck in my system that is responsible for the stuttering in that area.

Here's my system configuration:

Ryzen 5800x
    Asus B550-F Gaming Strix (Wi-Fi)
    GTX 1080 Ti
    32GB DDR-3200
    2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe (Data/Games)
    250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe (Windows 10)
    Seasonic Focus GX 850 Power Supply
    Last edited by Dave68; 04-15-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234