How to use mouse as stick in CFS3 ?

Aks

Hello everyone,

How are you doing? I am new to this forum and am generally new to flight simulation games in general. I have played CFS2 for about 6 months and absolutely loved it. CFS2 has an option when you right-click on it called "mouse as stick". If you click on it, it allows you to use your mouse as a flight controller.

I have just installed CFS3 because I am crazy about the European theatre of WW2. However, I do not see an option to use my mouse as joystick. Can anyone help me with this? I remember reading on some website that there is a "mouse as yoke" setting in some config file but I haven't been able to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

hi sorry, yes i have used mouse in cfs3 - ihave to use 2 programs to do it - Vjoy and "Mousetojoystick x64" - i run vjoy first and then i run Mousetojoystick, both set to run as admin, and in mouse to joy i think i had to remove the auto centre option - its a quiet one in that you just hit the "Run" button and then go into the game, and tap run again when you are finished with the game

hi sorry, yes i have used mouse in cfs3 - ihave to use 2 programs to do it - Vjoy and "Mousetojoystick x64" - i run vjoy first and then i run Mousetojoystick, both set to run as admin, and in mouse to joy i think i had to remove the auto centre option - its a quiet one in that you just hit the "Run" button and then go into the game, and tap run again when you are finished with the game

Thank you for your response. I tried following these settings, but the plane is really hard to control that way. Were you able to actually get into combat with these two apps? I mean were you able to successfully shoot down planes using mousetojoy and vjoy?

Thanks