How do you set up Logitech throttle quadrant for multi-engine planes?

I got the Logitech throttle quadrant bundled with the flight yoke. Per Logitech's marketing description, you can set up the quadrant's levers to control more than one engine, but I have yet to find any instructions on how to do that. Is it a matter of mapping a second engine to an additional lever, if so how/where can you do that? In MSFS 2020, or a standalone Logitech app? I won't need to do this initially, as I'll stick to single-engine planes until I master the art of trimming an aircraft for level flight, among other things. But I'd like to know how to do this when I move on to, say, a Beech Baron. I'm still waiting on delivery of my new PC that'll run MSFS (ETA, via FedEX, 1/17), so I can't explore MSFS and figure this out for myself as yet.
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

You need multiple quadrants, they nest together so they look like one unit when they are together.

You need to go to MSFS2020 controls --> power and there you will find throttle commands for up to four engines (no B52s).

Then you go to controls --> prop and there are four prop controls too.

There is also a command for "throttle" that controls all throttles as if they are ganged together, that's the one you also use for single engine.

Edited by sfojimbo
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

You need multiple quadrants, they nest together so they look like one unit when they are together.

Ah ha! I figured there was a catch. Well, at this point, I'll just stick to single-engine planes, about which I have a lot to learn. I'm thinking that if/when I get deep enough into this to "need" an upgrade, I might transition to the Honeycomb throttle quadrant, which has enough levers to accommodate any plane, plus trim wheel, flap lever and landing gear lever. (Although I have trim and flaps covered with the Logitech multi-panel already.)

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I have the same Logitech hardware and have not experienced any difficulty flying multi-engine planes controlling all the engines with just the one lever. Not as exact as being in any of the real cockpits with multiple levers for each engine, but the sim planes still fly just fine.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

• 5 months later...

I have just one throttle quadrant and I havent had any issues using multi engine planes.

All I did was map the controls accordingly.

I use the X slider for my spoilers

For Dual Engine

I use Y Slider for Engine 1

I use Z Slider for Engine 2

For 4 Engine

I use Y Slider for engines 1 and 2

I use Z Slider for engines 3 and 4

Let me know if you need help doing it.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Do you have to install second quadrant into the yoke or can you plug it straight into the computer as a Stand Alone Unit? Will it be recognized by MSFS? Any Pro's and Con's on this method of installation?

If you’ve got one that came with a yoke, then it will have a round (serial port?) socket. It will not work if plugged straight into a pc. I used to have a Saitek yoke & throttle set, plus an additional throttle (which I still have). The additional throttles have a usb socket and plug directly into the pc, but the one supplied with the yoke doesn’t.

Before selling mine (and buying a Honeycomb) I tried connecting the throttle with the serial port into the pc... but nope. Wouldn’t work.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I wonder if it's possible to use a twin lever throttle controller (Thrustmaster Airbus) for 4 engined planes. I have tried to set it up for 4 engine use without any luck. Anyone know if this is possible?
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

I wonder if it's possible to use a twin lever throttle controller (Thrustmaster Airbus) for 4 engined planes. I have tried to set it up for 4 engine use without any luck. Anyone know if this is possible?

I would have thought simply doubling up on the bindings would work? Ie: setup one lever for engine 1... same again for engine 2 (& ignore the warming) then lever 2 for engines 3 & 4

I presume you’ve tried this, but without success?

If course you could always simply set one lever to control “throttle” (not throttle 1..2..etc)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

• 4 months later...

I had same issue trying to map assignments to new/2nd throttle quadrant, but got to work without any third party assignment software.

Original setup was for single engine planes using Saitek (Logitech) Pro Flight Yoke with Throttle Quadrant ("socket" conn. to Yoke).

Just recently switched to flying the Baron G58 twin engine and added 2nd throttle quadrant that has USB conn.

Desired lever order assignment:

First throttle quad with "socket" conn:

Throt Eng1, Throt Eng2, Prop Eng1

Second throttle quad with USB conn.:

Prop Eng2, Mix Eng1, Mix Eng2

Here's the assignments that work for me:

Throttle 1 - Throttle 1 Axis - Joystick L-Axis Z

Throttle 2 - Throttle 2 Axis - Joystick R-Axis X

Prop 1 - Propeller 1 Axis - Joystick R-Axis Y

Prop 2 - Propeller 2 Axis - Joystick L-Axis X

Mixture 1 - Mixture 1 Axis (0 to 100%) - Joystick L-Axis Y

Mixture 2 - Mixture 2 Axis (0 to 100%) - Joystick L-Axis Z

Steps I think I did to get it to work; I tried many.

1. Do not connect USB throttle quad yet.

2. In MSFS, delete current throttle, mixture, prop mappings (under Saitek Pro Flight Yoke)

3. Save settings

4. Disconnect throttle quad with "socket" conn. from yoke

5. Connect throttle quad with "USB" conn. to yoke

6. Under 3 Axis 9 Button Joystick, do mappings in this order: Mixture 2, Mixture 1, then Prop 2

7. Save settings

8. Reconnect throttle quad with "socket" conn. to yoke

9. Under Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, do mappings in this order: Prop 1, Throttle 2, and Throttle 1

10. Save settings

Worked for me. Best wishes, good luck and happy flying.