Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight Plan help needed

Default Flight Plan help needed

I am looking to make "tours" of various cities.

Example, in FSX, I made a "tour" of Jacksonville, started at one airport, got to 1000 ft, and had the entire flight going from one airport to another in the Jacksonville, FL area. It took about an hour, showed me the city and was a blast!

However, each time I try to recreate that in MSFS, I end up failing. I start off from KCRG and my (eventual) destination is KJAX. However, if I add other waypoints, the path becomes very convoluted.

Is there another program/add on which will let me generate a flight plan and let me set my own waypoints without trying to be too helpful?

Hoping this makes sense, lol
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

Default Grand Tour Flight Planner

Try grand tour flight planner.
    https://sites.google.com/site/fredm/...rams#h.p_ID_92
    Ciao.

Quote Originally Posted by marksinclair View Post
    Try grand tour flight planner.
    https://sites.google.com/site/fredm/...rams#h.p_ID_92
    Ciao.
    Well, just tried it out, got a flight plan loaded, then tried in the sim. Short version, did not work, looked perfect on the program, but not on the sim.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

The MSFS flight planner can give weird results when adding waypoints. I’ve found it seems to work OK if I make sure to click on the line between the 2 points where I want to add a new waypoint. It highlights that leg and then adds the new point between them.

Give that a try and I hope it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavulife View Post
    The MSFS flight planner can give weird results when adding waypoints. I’ve found it seems to work OK if I make sure to click on the line between the 2 points where I want to add a new waypoint. It highlights that leg and then adds the new point between them.

Thanks for the tip, it is useful..

Unfortunately, it did not solve my dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by davidc2 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, it is useful..

Unfortunately, it did not solve my dilemma
    Can you post a pic of what the messed up plan comes out looking like and we can try to recreate it?

Would be happy to, except I do not know how to post screensheets here

Here is the screenshot, suppose to be only in Jacksonville (lower right)
    Edit-Got it working! Changed the waypoints to airports.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0068.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	224742  
    Last edited by davidc2; 01-15-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavulife View Post

Sometimes I click a hundred times on a line between two point but it just wouldn't highlight. Anyone else experiencing this?

Little Navmap can do what you want quite easily and then you can export it directly to the sim. I'm currently following Route 66 and some of the waypoints are only 500m (yes metres) apart but the autopilot/G1000 handles them fine (it does occasionally miss one out if there is a series of sharpish turns).

It's an excellent utility which I use all the time - takes a little bit of getting used to but now comes complete with a comprehensive manual. And it's free!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast